2005 CSG Conference

The 2005 CSG Conference will be held July 20--24 at Crieff Hills Retreat and Conference Center, located 15 minutes south of Guelph, Ontario, Canada and about 39 miles east of Toronto's Pearson International Airport. The retreat and conference center occupy 250 acres, including 150 acres of woodland with walking trails. Single or double accommodations are available and the conference fee will include a room plus all meals from supper on Wednesday through breakfast on Sunday morning. The cost of the conference will depend on the number of conferees for whom we will need to reserve rooms and meals; therefore it is essential that we get an approximate head count as soon as possible.

Also being planned is a preconference workshop on the Method of Levels with arrival on Sunday afternoon, sessions on Monday and Tuesday, and departure (for those who are not staying for the CSG conference) after lunch on Wednesday. The CSG conference would begin that same Wednesday in the afternoon.

To get a good estimate for pricing, we need to have firm commitments before February 25 so we will know how many rooms to commit to. We must put down a deposit and will lose whatever part of it goes with rooms reserved but not used, and late registrants might find that no rooms are left if our estimates are too low and rooms are given to other parties.

For reference, I do not expect the cost to exceed $100 per day for the conference (including room, meals, and CSG annual dues), on a par with the cost of attending in Chicago last year. So, please give me your firm commitment to attend the CSG conference, and indicate separately if you also will be attending the preconference MOL workshop.

Please reply to me directly at babbott@mfire.com rather than to CSgnet.

Bruce A.