26th Perceptual Control Systems Group Conference

It’s finally here! Registration is now open for the 26th Perceptual Control Systems Group conference!

Alison and I cordially invite you to join us at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, August 3-6, for the next gathering of minds. Many of you already know this is a beautiful setting in Chicago’s north shore area. We’ve been given access to a room not often offered to outside groups, the Guild Lounge at Scott Hall.

This about four miles from the recommended hotel, and convenient to many fun things to do and great places to eat.

Please feel free to pass this along! Any suggestions for groups for us to approach will be appreciated. We expect a minimum of 30 participants, and can accommodate up to about 130.

Hotels are filling up fast due to other events in the area, so I’ve asked for a response by the end of April. Reservations will then need to be made by the end of May if you are going to take advantage of the group rate at the Doubletree in Skokie.

Any correspondence regarding this conference including questions, comments or suggestions, payments, presentation ideas, etc., should be directed to Barb Powers at csgrespond@gmail.com.

We look forward to this opportunity to host a lively and productive conference!

Thank you!

2017 PCT CONF REG.doc (231 KB)

[From Dag Forssell (2017 0309 12:10 PST)

FYI: I have spent some time looking into travel and the hotel.

The reservations agent at Doubletree could not find any group. She asked if I had a group code, but I could not see any in Barb's missive. I quoted Barb's rate, of course. Then the agent said that the group was filled (but not what group was filled). With a AAA card, I got a rate of $134.10, 90 cents below the group rate, for a room with two double beds.

I am returning from a vacation in England and Ireland July 13 - August 1, but will turn right around to arrive shortly after six for the reception Wednesday evening, the 2nd.

I plan on leaving Saturday afternoon to return home.

See you all in Evanston :slight_smile:

Dag

···

At 06:31 AM 3/9/2017, you wrote:

It's finally here!� Registration is now open for the 26th Perceptual Control Systems Group conference!

They had not assigned a code yet, my contact is Deon, and I told her this would be for the Control Systems Group… she was initially going to hold 20 rooms.

···

On Mar 9, 2017 1:14 PM, “Dag Forssell” csgarchive@pctresources.com wrote:

[From Dag Forssell (2017 0309 12:10 PST)

FYI: I have spent some time looking into travel and the hotel.

The reservations agent at Doubletree could not find any group. She asked if I had a group code, but I could not see any in Barb’s missive. I quoted Barb’s rate, of course. Then the agent said that the group was filled (but not what group was filled). With a AAA card, I got a rate of $134.10, 90 cents below the group rate, for a room with two double beds.

I am returning from a vacation in England and Ireland July 13 - August 1, but will turn right around to arrive shortly after six for the reception Wednesday evening, the 2nd.

I plan on leaving Saturday afternoon to return home.

See you all in Evanston :slight_smile:

Dag

At 06:31 AM 3/9/2017, you wrote:

It’s finally here! Registration is now open for the 26th Perceptual Control Systems Group conference!

It has come to my attention that some of you are already booking rooms at the DoubleTree for August. I had not yet set up a block of rooms because I was waiting for a head count, so there is no record with them of an official group.

It sounds as if booking individually is working out just fine, with the same or better rate.

We still intend to set up a welcome gathering Wednesday evening, the 2nd, at the DoubleTree.

I apologize for any confusion.

*barb

···

On Mar 9, 2017 7:31 AM, “bara0361@gmail.combara0361@gmail.com wrote:

It’s finally here! Registration is now open for the 26th Perceptual Control Systems Group conference!

Alison and I cordially invite you to join us at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, August 3-6, for the next gathering of minds. Many of you already know this is a beautiful setting in Chicago’s north shore area. We’ve been given access to a room not often offered to outside groups, the Guild Lounge at Scott Hall.

This about four miles from the recommended hotel, and convenient to many fun things to do and great places to eat.

Please feel free to pass this along! Any suggestions for groups for us to approach will be appreciated. We expect a minimum of 30 participants, and can accommodate up to about 130.

Hotels are filling up fast due to other events in the area, so I’ve asked for a response by the end of April. Reservations will then need to be made by the end of May if you are going to take advantage of the group rate at the Doubletree in Skokie.

Any correspondence regarding this conference including questions, comments or suggestions, payments, presentation ideas, etc., should be directed to Barb Powers at csgrespond@gmail.com.

We look forward to this opportunity to host a lively and productive conference!

Thank you!

[From Lloyd Klinedinst (2017.03.11:52 CST)]

Sorry if we have added to the confusion…when we checked our reservatioons (made yesterday) today, we found not only a wrong room choice request, but more importantly, NOT the prices we thought we heard… so only 1 of 5 nights is $134.83, the other 4 are nearly DOUBLE that…so we wouuld value very much if we could pin down the ‘block rate’ for our CSG conference.
We will call the hotel again today and straighten out our room order…meanwhile we wait for news about getting a ‘group rate’.

Again sorry for the confusion.

Just another detail. We are staying Sunday night because the tentative schedule indicates lunch on Sunday followed by 1:30pm - close Open Session. Is this correct?

Lloyd

···

On Mar 19, 2017, at 14:12, bara0361@gmail.com wrote:

It has come to my attention that some of you are already booking rooms at the DoubleTree for August. I had not yet set up a block of rooms because I was waiting for a head count, so there is no record with them of an official group.

It sounds as if booking individually is working out just fine, with the same or better rate.

[From Lloyd Klinedinst (2017.03.12:09 CST)]

MORE confusion…just double-checked and see I misreadd the confirmation - with our Hilton Honors card it’s about $134.83, each night
Again sorry for the SECOND confusion. Still have this question:
Just another detail. We are staying Sunday night because the tentative schedule indicates lunch on Sunday followed by 1:30pm - close Open Session. Is this correct?
Lloyd

···

I will send them an email tonight, and update the group.

Yes, correct about Sunday’’ schedule.  we have  this space until 6 pm.

···

On Mar 20, 2017 10:57 AM, “lloydk@klinedinst.comlloydk@klinedinst.com wrote:

Sorry if we have added to the confusion…when we checked our reservations (made yesterday) today, we found not only a wrong room choice request, but more importantly, NOT the prices we thought we heard… so only 1 of 5 nights is $134.83, the other 4 are nearly DOUBLE that…so we would value very much if we could pin down the ‘block rate’ for our CSG conference.
We will call the hotel again today and straighten out our room order…meanwhile we wait for nnews about getting a ‘group rate’.

Just another detail. We are staying Sunday night because the tentative schedule indicates lunch on Sunday followed by 1:30pm - close Open Session. Is this correct?

Lloyd

It has come to my attention that some of you are already booking rooms at the DoubleTree for August. I had not yet set up a block of rooms because I was waiting for a head count, so there is no record with them of an official group.

It sounds as if booking individually is working out just fine, with the same or better rate. Â

Hi Barb,

If you are looking for a headcount, I am definitely planning on coming. I have not done anything to reserve a room or flight. I would be interested in a group rate. Thanks.

Erling

bara0361@gmail.combara0361@gmail.com 3/20/2017 1:12 PM >>>
I will send them an email tonight, and update the group.

Yes, correct about Sunday’’ schedule. we have this space until 6 pm.

···

On Mar 20, 2017 10:57 AM, “lloydk@klinedinst.comlloydk@klinedinst.com wrote:

Sorry if we have added to the confusion…when we checked our reservations (made yesterday) todday, we found not only a wrong room choice request, but more importantly, NOT the prices we thought we heard… so only 1 of 5 nights is $134.83, the other 4 are nearly DOUBLE that…so we would value very much if we could pin down the ‘block rate’ for our CSG conference.
We will call the hotel again today and straighten out our room order…meanwhile we wait for news about getting a ‘grooup rate’.

Lloyd