ANP Software and Site

Guys,

http://creativedecisions.net/

This is T.L.Saaty's site for the Analytic Network Process (ANP) software. You can download it for free after registering.

Tom wrote a book in 2000 _The Brain , Unraveling the Mystery of how it Works_; The Neural Network Process.
Thomas L. Saaty, RWS Publications 4922 Ellsworth Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15213 ISBN#; 1-888603-02-X

Tom got his Phd in Mathematics from Yale. He taught at the Wharton School for 10 years and is currently a Professor at The University of Pittsburgh. He has been in Operations Research and Decision Support for thirty years. This book is an extension of the work he has done in those area's. I have skimmed the book and it looks very interesting. He presents a way to mathematically model the _functionality_ of the brain utilizing his ANP software and a few further extensions. He does not claim to have all the answers. He does provide a very nice _start_ to this subject and I believe opens up a real opportunity to possibly look at some of the higher levels of HPCT. Tom has never heard of PCT and before he went to CA for the week I sent him links to Bill's web site and 3 papers. His book is based, from what I could initially tell, on S-R research. Hopefully after Tom has had a chance to review Bill's papers I can put them in touch with each other. Again, this looks very promising.

Marc

Marc:

When I was at ETS we did a lot of work with system dynamics. One of the young fellows who worked for me saw a fit between Saaty's ANP and system dynamics and put it all together in some forecasting models. As you and others know, there's at least a moderate degree of fit between control theory and certain aspects of system dynamics. If you're interested, I'll put you in touch with this fellow and you can see where it leads. At the very least, you can chat about Saaty's ANP.

Fred Nickols
nickols@safe-t.net

ยทยทยท

At 01:48 AM 4/17/2003 -0700, Marc Abrams wrote:

Guys,

http://creativedecisions.net/

This is T.L.Saaty's site for the Analytic Network Process (ANP) software. You can download it for free after registering.

Tom wrote a book in 2000 _The Brain , Unraveling the Mystery of how it Works_; The Neural Network Process.
Thomas L. Saaty, RWS Publications 4922 Ellsworth Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15213 ISBN#; 1-888603-02-X

Tom got his Phd in Mathematics from Yale. He taught at the Wharton School for 10 years and is currently a Professor at The University of Pittsburgh. He has been in Operations Research and Decision Support for thirty years. This book is an extension of the work he has done in those area's. I have skimmed the book and it looks very interesting. He presents a way to mathematically model the _functionality_ of the brain utilizing his ANP software and a few further extensions. He does not claim to have all the answers. He does provide a very nice _start_ to this subject and I believe opens up a real opportunity to possibly look at some of the higher levels of HPCT. Tom has never heard of PCT and before he went to CA for the week I sent him links to Bill's web site and 3 papers. His book is based, from what I could initially tell, on S-R research. Hopefully after Tom has had a chance to review Bill's papers I can put them in touch with each other. Again, this looks very promising.

Marc