My fellow CSGnet participants, Here's a forthcoming meeting of people whose purpose is the understanding and application of PCT. I can keep you informed of the meeting's results, if there is interest.
IAACT (THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF APPLIED CONTROL THEORY) is holding a members retreat this March 19-21 at the Embassy Suites Cincinnati/Rivercenter, 10 East Rivercenter Blvd, Covington KY, 41011.
The International Association for Applied Control Theory (IAACT) was founded In February of 1997. IAACT is a professional organization whose mission statement is "To Build the Art and the Heart of Control Theory Together."
Among the purposes of this retreat are:
* Renewing our Commitment to Learning Together, Becoming Excellent Teachers of PCT, and Creating a Quality Organization
* Moving forward in developing an organizational structure that facilitates quality and meets our members needs
* Learning more about the experiences and successes we are all having in our teaching, practicing, and learning of CT.
Among the activities of this retreat are:
* Mini presentations demonstrating our Applied Control Theory ideas
* Discussions on how we want to make decisions as an organization, how we can truly utilize our committees and encourage members to serve or give input to such committees, and how we become truly a members based organization?
* Presentation of some procedures that are being introduced in our "Reference Manual," that is our policies and procedure manual.
* The development of a communications system that encourages involvement, sharing of information, learning, and challenges us to grow together. (Use of our Website, Newsletter, Publications, Facilitating of research, etc.)