PCT conversations

Maybe I can do a posting to all of our IAPCT Members for the 17 July meeting unless you or Eva are doing so already.

That would be great, @richardhpfau! Thanks!

Hi all! Don’t forget about the next PCT Conversations tomorrow. We’ll be talking about the experience of conflict and it would be great to see you there!

Zoom link and more info:

Hi all!
We had a great discussion on the experience of conflict in the last PCT Conversations! Thanks to all who participated.

I invite you all again for the next PCT Conversation, on Wednesday, August 30th, at 2 pm UK time.

How do you experience loss of control? join us to share your experiences, ideas, and PCT understanding

Find the zoom link and more info at:

Hi Matt

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it. It would be great (for me, anyway) if you or someone else who attended the conversation could summarize some of the main points that were made about conflict. I would be very interested in learning what you folks came up with.

Best, Rick

Hi Rick, thank you for your interest in these meetings! I hope you can join us and perhaps even host one if you like. We would really appreciate your participation.

In the last pct conversation there were participants from the UK, Europe, North America, and South America. Some of them got to know PCT recently. The meeting revolved around some difficult personal experiences of conflict (and reorganization) that some of the attendees shared. This led to an interesting discussion on the following themes:

1. The relationship between internal and external conflict.
  2. Determining the necessity of reorganization for conflict resolution.
  3. Distinguishing between conflict from “chronic” conflict.
  4. Possible “positive” aspects of conflict
  5. Exploring the connection between conflict, freedom, and distress

These are the themes I can recall, but I believe there were others too. Most of them were discussed with consideration of the personal experiences shared by the attendees. I apologize for not giving more details here as I didn’t take notes. Perhaps for future meetings, we can ask if someone would like to summarize and post the key points here.

Once again, we would love to have your participation in future meetings.

Cheers
Matias

Thanks Mat. That sounds great. I’m really sorry I missed it but I will try to make the next one.

Best, Rick

1 Like

Hope to see you at 2 pm UK time this Wednesday for another PCT Conversation!

More info here:

Hi all, the next PCT Conversation is going to be special because it’s happening during the 33rd IAPCT Conference on Saturday, October 14th, at 3:15 pm UTC. (Check your local time zone here.)

We’d like you to help us pick the topic for this meeting! You can choose from the list of topics below. The most popular choice will be our main discussion point for the upcoming session.

Feel free to pick your favorite topic. The poll ends on October 8th.

See you all at the conference!

Next PCT Conversations’ topics
  • Learning PCT - how to continue your personal learning journey?
  • Telling others about PCT - what works and what doesn’t?
  • PCT Paradigm shift – Insights from personal experience?
  • What initially introduced you to PCT? and what captured your attention about it at that time?
0 voters

sorry, I forgot to vote :blush:
I would have voted the ‘telling others about PCT’ topic, so I think I’m lucky.
See you soon!
Eva

1 Like

Hi! @Evadeh and I will be hosting the next PCT Conversation on Monday, March 18th, at 5pm UK time. The key discussion points for this session are:

• How do you lose and regain control?
  • How do you understand perceptual levels?
  • What is it like to have your paradigm shifted?

You can find the zoom link here. Hope to see you there!

Mat

1 Like

It is Rick Marten’s birthday today.

Thanks Fred. It is indeed!! And Gary Cziko sent me this very appropriate comic.

I think the chances of my having been born on Feb. 29 (which would have made this either my 19th or 20th birthday depending on which leap year surrounding my actual birth year I was born in) were actually 1/ (365*4+1), so Frazz was off by 1.

Best, Rick