Perceptual Control Theory Talk

Hi Warren,

I don’t know you personaly, but on the first sight when I saw you with Bill in some conference room (video) or class room maybe with your students, I got an impression that you are a fine, opened guy. I helped you with your article you asked me for. I proposed a »table of contents« and I asked if you need physilogical support, but you rejected it. The first thing I noticed about your »article« was that it would be easy to prove the relation between »feed-back« and »feed-forward« control. There are some easy to understand physiological evidence that could clearly show that »feed-forward« is subordinate« to »feed-back« and I assumed that article would go through. If I understood you right that it was rejected. But your answer was clear. NO. You declined my help. That was the only time you asked me for help and you got it without any returning favor.

You could ask me for a help before if you would feel to. But you rather have chosen Rick as an adviser. And you know that me and Rick are not friends. So if I help you, I would help him. Because you would tell him everthing like Barb did. His friend.

If we can arrange that I help only you it’s O.K. with me.

Best ,

Boris

···

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:30 AM
To: csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: Re: Perceptual Control Theory Talk

Hi Boris, as well as Rick, Tim and I have written a lot on PCT, much of which is published. I think that the best way to help us, a la PCT, would be to point out where you perceive we have got it right (or nearly right!) and help us refine our ways of heading there…

Warren

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Boris Hartman boris.hartman@masicom.net wrote:

Hi Warren,

I understand, that »birds of the feather flock together«, but prasing the work that was meant as RCT is not acceptable for me and one day i’ll probably start criticising Ricks »validation work« for PCT. Maybe I’ll start with your and Tim article which has nothing to do with PCT except that you showed his diagram and make wrong interpretation of it.

If somebody is selling »beaf meat« and he is promoting »horse meat« and when people coming to him wanting to buy »horse meat« he answers that he is selling »beaf-meat«. Do you understand what I’m talking about. It doesn’t matter how much you are writing about but what you are writing.

You don’t contribute to quality of PCT if you support Rick and RCT. And if you support RCT it’s great probability that you don’t understand PCT.

As I said before. Friendship has nothing to do with science. We need evidences.

Best,

Boris

Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 4:31 PM

Hi Barb, I am sure you don’t need me to say it, but feel free to support Rick’s work. He has done more to robustly test and validate PCT in peer-reviewed journals than everyone else on CSGNet put together…

Warren

On 28 Oct 2016, at 15:15, Boris Hartman boris.hartman@masicom.net wrote:

Barb,

I’m really sorry to see that you are supporting Ricks’ RCT instead of supporting your Dads’ theory as you said once that you are not having “deep emotions” regarding anyone in this group, except my father It seems that you are contradicting yourself. What is more important to you RCT or PCT ?

If you’ll continue to support RCT instead of PCT I’m interested if this is officialy ? Because if you let Rick continue with promoting RCT , PCT will slowly dissapear.

Now I’m asking you directly. Does your permition to Rick that he can spread RCT means that you are officially supporting promotion of RCT instead of PCT ?

Best,

Boris

Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:11 AM
Cc: mol@mail-list.com; Richard Marken

Wow, what a great invitation! Will save this to watch soon. Thanks, Rick!

*barb

On Oct 24, 2016 6:03 PM, “Richard Marken” rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

[From Rick Marken (2016.10.24.1700)]

I was invited to give a talk on PCT at the European Institute for Reality Therapy conference in Bled, Slovenia. Unfortunately, I was unable to at attend the conference in person so I made a video of the talk and it was shown at the conference on Oct 21st. I’ve now put it up at YouTube in case anyone is interested and has a spare hour and 20 minutes. The talk is here:

https://youtu.be/m3PEuf3wUL0

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken

“The childhood of the human race is far from over. We have a long way to go before most people will understand that what they do for others is just as important to their well-being as what they do for themselves.” – William T. Powershttps://youtu.be/m3PEuf3wUL0

Dr Warren Mansell
Reader in Clinical Psychology

School of Health Sciences
2nd Floor Zochonis Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
Email: warren.mansell@manchester.ac.uk

Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 8589

Advanced notice of a new transdiagnostic therapy manual, authored by Carey, Mansell & Tai - Principles-Based Counselling and Psychotherapy: A Method of Levels Approach

Available Now

Check www.pctweb.org for further information on Perceptual Control Theory

Hi Warren,

I don’t know you personaly, but on the first sight when I saw you with Bill in some conference room (video) or class room maybe with your students, I got an impression that you are a fine, opened guy. I helped you with your article you asked me for. I proposed a »table of contents« and I asked if you need physilogical support, but you rejected it. The first thing I noticed about your »article« was that it would be easy to prove the relation between »feed-back« and »feed-forward« control. There are some easy to understand physiological evidence that could clearly show that »feed-forward« is subordinate« to »feed-back« and I assumed that article would go through. If I understood you right that it was rejected. But your answer was clear. NO. You declined my help. That was the only time you asked me for help and you got it without any returning favor.

You could ask me for a help before if you would feel to. But you rather have chosen Rick as an adviser. And you know that me and Rick are not friends. So if I help you, I would help him. Because you would tell him everthing like Barb did. His friend.

Best ,

Boris

···

Hi Boris, as well as Rick, Tim and I have written a lot on PCT, much of which is published. I think that the best way to help us, a la PCT, would be to point out where you perceive we have got it right (or nearly right!) and help us refine our ways of heading there…

Warren

Hi Warren,

I understand, that »birds of the feather flock together«, but prasing the work that was meant as RCT is not acceptable for me and one day i’ll probably start criticising Ricks »validation work« for PCT. Maybe I’ll start with your and Tim article which has nothing to do with PCT except that you showed his diagram and make wrong interpretation of it.

If somebody is selling »beaf meat« and he is promoting »horse meat« and when people coming to him wanting to buy »horse meat« he answers that he is selling »beaf-meat«. Do you understand what I’m talking about. It doesn’t matter how much you are writing about but what you are writing.

You don’t contribute to quality of PCT if you support Rick and RCT. And if you support RCT it’s great probability that you don’t understand PCT.

Best,

Boris

Hi Barb, I am sure you don’t need me to say it, but feel free to support Rick’s work. He has done more to robustly test and validate PCT in peer-reviewed journals than everyone else on CSGNet put together…

Warren

Barb,

I’m really sorry to see that you are supporting Ricks’ RCT instead of supporting your Dads’ theory as you said once that you are not having “deep emotions” regarding anyone in this group, except my father It seems that you are contradicting yourself. What is more important to you RCT or PCT ?

If you’ll continue to support RCT instead of PCT I’m interested if this is officialy ? Because if you let Rick continue with promoting RCT , PCT will slowly dissapear.

Now I’m asking you directly. Does your permition to Rick that he can spread RCT means that you are officially supporting promotion of RCT instead of PCT ?

Best,

Boris

*barb

I was invited to give a talk on PCT at the European Institute for Reality Therapy conference in Bled, Slovenia. Unfortunately, I was unable to at attend the conference in person so I made a video of the talk and it was shown at the conference on Oct 21st. I’ve now put it up at YouTube in case anyone is interested and has a spare hour and 20 minutes. The talk is here:

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken

“The childhood of the human race is far from over. We have a long way to go before most people will understand that what they do for others is just as important to their well-being as what they do for themselves.” – William T. Powershttps://youtu.be/m3PEuf3wUL0

Dr Warren Mansell

University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL

Advanced notice of a new transdiagnostic therapy manual, authored by Carey, Mansell & Tai - Principles-Based Counselling and Psychotherapy: A Method of Levels Approach

Available Now

Hi Warren,

Well send me plesae conditons (terms) of our cooperation (colaboration). You can send them to my email adress directly.

Have a nice day,

Boris

···

Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 11:18 AM

Hi Boris, for some reason I can’t remember that email conversation so I am really sorry for not taking up your offer of help then. In fact that article is still half done! So could a collaboration be an article on why feedforward is subordinate to feedback? I will still collaborate with Rick and everyone else who you take issue with of course but not on that article.

Warren

On 4 Nov 2016, at 09:46, Boris Hartman boris.hartman@masicom.net wrote:

Hi Warren,

I don’t know you personaly, but on the first sight when I saw you with Bill in some conference room (video) or class room maybe with your students, I got an impression that you are a fine, opened guy. I helped you with your article you asked me for. I proposed a »table of contents« and I asked if you need physilogical support, but you rejected it. The first thing I noticed about your »article« was that it would be easy to prove the relation between »feed-back« and »feed-forward« control. There are some easy to understand physiological evidence that could clearly show that »feed-forward« is subordinate« to »feed-back« and I assumed that article would go through. If I understood you right that it was rejected. But your answer was clear. NO. You declined my help. That was the only time you asked me for help and you got it without any returning favor.

Best ,

Boris

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:30 AM

Warren

Hi Warren,

Best,

Boris

Warren

Barb,

Best,

Boris

*barb

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken

Dr Warren Mansell

University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL

Available Now