Programming PCT in Python

Hello,

I am working on the development of a python library for implementing PCT control hierarchies.

Anyone interested?

Python is a very popular programming language that is pretty easy to pick up and you can write something useful pretty quickly. It has an incredible amount of sophisticated functionality due to the huge number of additional libraries that can be installed.

If people are interested in using it I will get my skates on and get it ready for the conference in October and, perhaps, do a workshop. Let men know.

Here is an example of a PCT system for the inverted pendulum written in Python,
https://colab.research.google.com/github/ruperty/colab/blob/master/moving_cartpole.ipynb

Cheers,
Rupert

I’m relatively interested. I would like to know how to use it for interactive demos/experiments and to know whether or how to attach the output to a data analysis program like mathematica or matlab (Neither of which I know how to use;-)

Do you mean demos that would be online, so others can run them, in a browser?

Python has many data analysis packages. Are there particular functions you are interested? I will check those.

RY: Do you mean demos that would be online, so others can run them, in a browser?

RM: Yes, that would be best, if it were possible. But I would also like it if people could run them and download the data for themselves and apparently that is difficult to implement (due to security concerns) from a server.

RY: Python has many data analysis packages. Are there particular functions you are interested? I will check those.

RM: Some multivariate analysis packages would be nice. Multiple regression, of course. Maybe some discriminant analysis and multidimensional scaling , such as factor analysis. And nice, easy to use graphics would be nice too. Graphics that let you do nice visual data description for example.

Best

Rick