Up A Level

[From Fred Nickols (2016.05.01.1240 ET)]

I think y’all will appreciate this.

There is a quote that is attributed to Albert Einstein and it takes slightly different forms. I will use this one: “We cannot solve problems using the same kind of thinking that created them.”

I went looking for the source of that quote to see what it was he actually said. Turns out he didn’t say it all; at least, no one can pinpoint when and where he said it. In the course of tracking this down, I came across this little gem:

“Problems are best solved not on the level where they appear to occur but on the next level above them…Problem are best solved by transcending them and looking at them from a higher viewpoint. At the higher level, the problems automatically resolve themselves because of that shift in point of view, or one might see there was no problem at all.”

David R. Hawkins, 2009. Healing and Recovery. Sedona, AZ; Veritas Publishing, p. 176.

Sound familiar? Anyone ever heard of David Hawkins?

Regards,

Fred Nickols, CPT

Writer & Consultant

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

“Assistance at a Distance”SM

www.nickols.us/SeaStories.html

Yes I have Fred and used some of his stuff extensively.
Try searching “Hawkins Roots of literacy”

Hawkins was an historian taken on by Oppenheimer and ended up as a brilliant educator in Colorado.

He’s one of those rare people who has a flair for English, writes brilliantly.

I’ll flick you a chapter if you cannot source anything easily.

Cheers

···

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Fred Nickols fred@nickols.us wrote:

[From Fred Nickols (2016.05.01.1240 ET)]

Â

Â

There is a quote that is attributed to Albert Einstein and it takes slightly different forms. I will use this one: “We cannot solve problems using the same kind of thinking that created them.�

Â

I went looking for the source of that quote to see what it was he actually said. Turns out he didn’t say it all; at least, no one can pinpoint when and where he said it. In the course of tracking this down, I came across this little gem:

Â

“Problems are best solved not on the level where they appear to occur but on the next level above them…Problem are best solved by transcending them and looking at tthem from a higher viewpoint. At the higher level, the problems automatically resolve themselves because of that shift in point of view, or one might see there was no problem at all.â€?

Â

David R. Hawkins, 2009. Healing and Recovery. Sedona, AZ; Veritas Publishing, p. 176.

Â

Sound familiar? Anyone ever heard of David Hawkins?

Â

Regards,

Â

Fred Nickols, CPT

Writer & Consultant

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

“Assistance at a Distance�SM

Â

[From Rick Marken (2016.05.01.1320)]

Fred Nickols (2016.05.01.1240 ET)

Great find Fred. I can't believe he came up with this without knowing some control theory. I guess I"ll have to get his book; look like a very interesting guy!.Â
BestÂ

···

Â

Â

There is a quote that is attributed to Albert Einstein and it takes slightly different forms. I will use this one: “We cannot solve problems using the same kind of thinking that created them.�

Â

I went looking for the source of that quote to see what it was he actually said. Turns out he didn’t say it all; at least, no one can pinpoint when and where he said it. In the course of tracking this down, I came across this little gem:

Â

“Problems are best solved not on the level where they appear to occur but on the next level above them…Problem are best solved by transcending thhem and looking at them from a higher viewpoint. At the higher level, the problems automatically resolve themselves because of that shift in point of view, or one might see there was no problem at all.â€?

Â

David R. Hawkins, 2009. Healing and Recovery. Sedona, AZ; Veritas Publishing, p. 176.

Â

Â

Regards,

Â

Fred Nickols, CPT

Writer & Consultant

<Fred Nickols' Web Site; DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

<Sea Stories; www.nickols.us/SeaStories.html

Â

--
Richard S. MarkenÂ
Author, with Timothy A. Carey, of  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.amazon.com_Controlling-2DPeople-2DParadoxical-2DNature-2DBeing_dp_1922117641_ref-3Dsr-5F1-5F1-3Fs-3Dbooks-26ie-3DUTF8-26qid-3D1449541975-26sr-3D1-2D1&d=CwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=-dJBNItYEMOLt6aj_KjGi2LMO_Q8QB-ZzxIZIF8DGyQ&m=-yxgsjJTRZOnXDE6td7CKPRwdzqdg-jcDBLJW3sVxQE&s=sp6902pxDdfsfb5EKM9XDfF5fk1HT9Ec-RY-t5BCXVs&e=&gt;Controlling People: The Paradoxical Nature of Being Human.Â

[John Kirkland 2016.05.02 1649 Istanbul time]

Here’s a sampler of Hawkins’s writing.

He’s a person I’d have invited to dinner.Â

Awesome

JohnK

:

Hawkins–On Living in Trees (1965).doc (83 KB)

···

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

[From Rick Marken (2016.05.01.1320)]

Fred Nickols (2016.05.01.1240 ET)

Great find Fred. I can’t believe he came up with this without knowing some control theory. I guess I"ll have to get his book; look like a very interesting guy!.Â

BestÂ

Rick

Â

Â

Â

Â

“Problems are best solved not on the level where they appear to occur but on the next level above them…Problem are best solved by trranscending them and looking at them from a higher viewpoint. At the higher level, the problems automatically resolve themselves because of that shift in point of view, or one might see there was no problem at all.â€?

Â

Â

Â

Regards,

Â

Fred Nickols, CPT

Writer & Consultant

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

Â

Richard S. MarkenÂ

Author, with Timothy A. Carey, of  Controlling People: The Paradoxical Nature of Being Human