2011 CSG meeting

An alert from Bill Powers:

I will be sending you, soon, the details of how to sign up and the costs for the 2011 CSG meeting, Wed July 27 (arrival day, evening session) through Sunday, July 31 (no session, checkout and departure day). It will be in Boulder, Colorado, at the Outlook Hotel, a sort of cheerful funky place with nice but not sumptuous rooms, a well-known (in Boulder) blues bar, an indoor pool, and meeting spaces, the largest for about 40 - 50 people should that many want to come. We will need at least 20 people for the prices to hold, so please make arrangements to come if you can.

The main thing you will have to do immediately is book a room at the Outlook so you're committed to the meeting and we can meet the minimum requirements for getting our discounts on meeting rooms, sleeping rooms, and food. If not enough sign up we'll have to call it off and maybe just have a miniconference in any old convenient spot like my living room.

The psychology department at the University of Colorado would be happy to help us organize a meeting using their facilities, but they're booked up for this year. Rather than waiting until 2012, and after consulting with various people, I decided on trying to have a small meeting this year (20 is small) and aiming for a larger international meeting in Boulder next year (perhaps with delegates from China, and quite probably a good crowd from England and a few from Australia not to mention students and faculty at CU, in addition to the usual suspects in the CSG). I think there will be a few representatives this year from the psych department. If we get a good response this year by, say, the end of March, I will start consulting with the University people about 2012.

Some time next week Allie (my daughter who lives nearby, who has been gathering information and getting us organized) will give me the firm details and I'll get them off to you. But please start thinking about it now, so you can decide next week and make your move by booking your room at the Outlook. That will make Patrick at the hotel happy and alleviate my anxiety about whether anyone at all will be there this year.

Best,

Bill

[From Dag Forssell (110225 22:25 PST)]

I will be there.

Best, Dag

ยทยทยท

At 03:25 PM 2/25/2011, you wrote:

An alert from Bill Powers:

I will be sending you, soon, the details of how to sign up and the costs for the 2011 CSG meeting, Wed July 27 (arrival day, evening session) through Sunday, July 31 (no session, checkout and departure day).

[From Bill Powers (2011.06.23.1`148 MDT)]

The 2011 CSG meeting now has over 20 people signed up and is
therefore definitely in business, discounts and all. We encourage any
latecomers to join in, conference materials attached. The conference
fee will be $300 without the late-registration penalty (those who
have paid it will get a refund). There will be representatives from
the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at CU (University of
Colorado at Boulder), and Dr. Sara Tai from the University of
Manchester, UK, who teaches MOL to therapists around the world, will
be there from Thursday evening on.

Do come.

Best,