2019 IAPCT conference?

[Martin Taylor 2019.01.13.17.05]

From your report on the Board meeting in October I quote this: "* We
agreed on the location of our next annual meeting at the IAPCT
conference in Manchester, UK, and we delegated to the Board to
work out the optimum date and time of that meeting during the
conference* . " I don’t remember seeing what decision was
made. Could you send it to CSGnet (again, if I just missed it).

Thanks.

Martin

[Bruce Nevin 2019-01-14_17:41:37 UTC]

We decided to post a Board report quarterly rather than monthly. Good intentions for the beginning of the year got plowed under. IÂ plan a report for March. Please send me articles and notes that you want included.

In the meantime, here’s a brief update. (And BTW, use board@iapct.org if you ever want to send email just to the Board.)

The 2019 IAPCT 2019 Annual Meeting and Conference will be September 11 – 15, 2019, in Manchester, UK. Details are being worked out

The 2020 meeting will be at Northwestern University again.

We are working on a project to offer CDs of the 2018 presentations. Associated PDFs include powerpoints and one paper.

We have the Handbook of Perceptual Control Theory (f.k.a. LCS IV) under contract with Elsevier. Much thanks to Warren for bringing this about! Elsevier is either the 3rd or 5th largest publisher of scholarly and scientific publications in the world, depending on which report you read.Â

We are in process of moving iapct.org to a hosting service paid for by IAPCT. Thanks to Dag for supporting it up to now and for taking an active role in the technicalities of the move–and thanks for his many other forms of support as archivist, publisher, videographer, and much else behind the scenes for many years.Â

When the iapct.org site has been re-homed, we will set up a discussion forum using phpbb, the most widely used forum software.Â

More research products are always being added to our Researchgate project. This provides another location for identifying and downloading papers and work in progress, and enhances the public visibility and credibility of PCT. If you want to be added as a collaborator so you can post your work there, let me know.

···

/Bruce

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 5:08 PM Martin Taylor csgnet@lists.illinois.edu wrote:

[Martin Taylor 2019.01.13.17.05]

From your report on the Board meeting in October I quote this: "* We
agreed on the location of our next annual meeting at the IAPCT
conference in Manchester, UK, and we delegated to the Board to
work out the optimum date and time of that meeting during the
conference* . " I don’t remember seeing what decision was
made. Could you send it to CSGnet (again, if I just missed it).

Thanks.

Martin