A New Approach to Conflict Management

From Fred Nickols (2018.11.02.1036 ET)

I just posted the following message to an OD discussion list:

“Those of you who include conflict management as part of your OD repertoire would be well-served by looking into a new approach to managing conflict. It is rooted in perceptual control theory and offers a theory-based, innovative approach. If you’re interested, I suggest you start by reading Controlling People by Richard Marken and Tim Carey (2015). Australian Academic Press: Samford Valley, Australia. I’m pretty sure you can get it on Amazon. This month’s Knowledge Worker column is titled “When Control Systems Collide” and it touches on this new approach. I’ll let you know when it’s published and available - probably within a week or two.”

I’m hoping it will generate some interest in MOL.

···

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

“Assistance at A Distance”

Hi Fred

···

From: Fred Nickols (fwnickols@gmail.com via csgnet Mailing List) csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 3:38 PM
To: csgnet csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: A New Approach to Conflict Management

From Fred Nickols (2018.11.02.1036 ET)

I just posted the following message to an OD discussion list:

"Those of you who include conflict management as part of your OD repertoire would be well-served by looking into a new approach to managing conflict. It is rooted in perceptual control theory and offers a theory-based, innovative approach. If you’re interested, I suggest you start by reading Controlling People by Richard Marken and Tim Carey (2015).

HB : Sorry Fred to say. This is not good idea to stimulate people thinking about how we can “control” behavior of the people. I would suggest that you offer people Bills’ literature. It’s about “Contol of perception”.

Australian Academic Press: Samford Valley, Australia. I’m pretty sure you can get it on Amazon. This month’s Knowledge Worker column is titled “When Control Systems Collide” and it touches on this new approach. I’ll let you know when it’s published and available - probably within a week or two."

I’m hoping it will generate some interest in MOL.

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

“Assistance at A Distance”