An article from the University of Chicago News Office

Submitted Form Data

···

=====================

to = CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU

email = r-robertson@neiu.edu

Article = Your friend thought you might be interested in this article: http://news.uchicago.edu/news.php?asset_id=1796

Message = Here is another big study, reported, as usual in S-R concepts that begs for a review of what the Ss might have been controlling - in the testing and interview-response sessions, versus what they might have been trying to control - the the researchers were trying to unveil.

Best,

Dick R

[From Kenny Kitzke (2009.12.07)]

Hi, Dick. That study makes my blood boil!

My statement is intended to display the same kind of S-R psychology baloney pervasive in our society. But, when it comes from the supposed experts in the psychology of “lonliness,” a disturbing perception of the blind leading the blind into a ditch comes to mind. :sunglasses:

···

“Society may benefit by aggressively targeting the people in the periphery to help repair their social networks and to create a protective barrier against loneliness that can keep the whole network from unraveling,� he said.

The research was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Aging.

Oh, and the fact that this scientific nonsense is funded by my taxes, makes it all the more a bitter pill to swallow. Did you comment on the article?

Also, my son Christopher is starting a new job at a Wabtec plant in Buffalo Grove. I am trying to work out a trip there to help him get settled. Is that close enough to you that we could get together during the day for a visit (or even some tennis) when he is at work? If you want to do that, right now it looks like Dec. 15 or 16 would fit the best. But, I have not committed it yet or made flight reservations.

Please let me know and hopefully I will get a schedule with my son tomorrow and let you know.

Best wishes, Kenny

[From Dick Robertson,2009.12.08.0914CST]

Thanks Kenny,

Glad to see my suspicions weren’t out in the wild.

Best,

Dick R

···

----- Original Message -----
From: Kenneth Kitzke Value Creation Systems KJKitzke@AOL.COM
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009 6:48 pm
Subject: Re: An article from the University of Chicago News Office
To: CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU

[From Kenny Kitzke (2009.12.07)]

Hi, Dick. That study makes my blood boil!

My statement is intended to display the same kind of S-R psychology baloney pervasive in our society. But, when it comes from the supposed experts in the psychology of “lonliness,” a disturbing perception of the blind leading the blind into a ditch comes to mind. :sunglasses:

“Society may benefit by aggressively targeting the people in the periphery to help repair their social networks and to create a protective barrier against loneliness that can keep the whole network from unraveling,” he said.

The research was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Aging.

Oh, and the fact that this scientific nonsense is funded by my taxes, makes it all the more a bitter pill to swallow. Did you comment on the article?

Also, my son Christopher is starting a new job at a Wabtec plant in Buffalo Grove. I am trying to work out a trip there to help him get settled. Is that close enough to you that we could get together during the day for a visit (or even some tennis) when he is at work? If you want to do that, right now it looks like Dec. 15 or 16 would fit the best. But, I have not committed it yet or made flight reservations.

Please let me know and hopefully I will get a schedule with my son tomorrow and let you know.

Best wishes, Kenny