an idea - Attention Rupert

Hi Rupert,

I’m so glad you asked your question. It got a little busy here, so I’m glad to have a chance to tell all our CSGnet friends at once.

Lafayette, Colorado: May 23: Bill asked me with some urgency to follow through on a new book project he’d been thinking about for a while. He and Allie gave me a brief he’d written just a few weeks before to present at the up-coming Boulder mini-conference. He called it A History of PCT at 60. At the mini-conference, we had a few short discussions about the book, but our minds were on other things.

A month or so later, Allie found a different paper, The World According to PCT, written in April-May, a more robust outline of Bill’s collaborative book idea; a book designed to present PCT to the world by credentialed experts in PCT’s growing list of disciplines. When that paper surfaced, I sent a copy to Warren Mansell who immediately endorsed the project. I asked him to serve as our Editor, (as in journal editor) and he didn’t hesitate to sign on.

We worked together for a week or so deciding how to present the book idea to Bill’s selected authors. Their responses to our invitation have been outstanding.

It is our intent to be as inclusive as possible, so we will be consulting CSGNet along the way. Please feel free to send feedback and suggestions.

I’ve attached a copy of The World According to PCT so you can see for yourself where we’re heading.

Thanks for your interest in this project.

Alice

Alice McElhone

Benchmark Publications Inc.

73 Essex Avenue #6

Bloomfield, NJ 07003

973-3337-6073

The_world_according_to_PCT.pdf (33.9 KB)

···

-----Original Message-----

To: CSGNET CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU

Sent: Wed, Dec 4, 2013 5:39 am

Subject: Re: an idea

`
[From Rupert Young (2013.12.04 10.40 UT)]
DG: It is wonderful to see so many CSGnet people respond to Warren's book idea.
What was the idea? Did I miss something?
Regards,
Rupert
`

Thanks Alice. It looks very interesting and I look forward to seeing how it progresses.
Regards,
Rupert

···

On 06/12/2013 03:43, Alice McElhone wrote:

Hi Rupert,

I'm so glad you asked your question. It got a little busy here, so I'm glad to have a chance to tell all our CSGnet friends at once.

Lafayette, Colorado: May 23: Bill asked me with some urgency to follow through on a new book project he'd been thinking about for a while. He and Allie gave me a brief he'd written just a few weeks before to present at the up-coming Boulder mini-conference. He called it A History of PCT at 60. At the mini-conference, we had a few short discussions about the book, but our minds were on other things.

A month or so later, Allie found a different paper, The World According to PCT, written in April-May, a more robust outline of Bill's collaborative book idea; a book designed to present PCT to the world by credentialed experts in PCT's growing list of disciplines. When that paper surfaced, I sent a copy to Warren Mansell who immediately endorsed the project. I asked him to serve as our Editor, (as in journal editor) and he didn't hesitate to sign on.

We worked together for a week or so deciding how to present the book idea to Bill's selected authors. Their responses to our invitation have been outstanding.

It is our intent to be as inclusive as possible, so we will be consulting CSGNet along the way. Please feel free to send feedback and suggestions.

I've attached a copy of The World According to PCT so you can see for yourself where we're heading.

Thanks for your interest in this project.

Alice

Alice McElhone
Benchmark Publications Inc.
73 Essex Avenue #6
Bloomfield, NJ 07003

973-3337-6073

-----Original Message-----
From: Rupert Young <mailto:rupert@MOONSIT.CO.UK><rupert@MOONSIT.CO.UK>
To: CSGNET <mailto:CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU><CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU>
Sent: Wed, Dec 4, 2013 5:39 am
Subject: Re: an idea

<tt>[From Rupert Young (2013.12.04 10.40 UT)]

DG: It is wonderful to see so many CSGnet people respond to Warren's
book idea.

What was the idea? Did I miss something?

Regards,
Rupert
</tt>