an idea + call for typos

[ALICE POWERS MCELHONE (2013.12.03.11:17)]

Dear CSGnet friends:

It was a nice surprise to get Bill’s songs in a CSG post. He and I got to trading music again in recent years, so I already had the song he wrote for Mary (It Seems Like Only Yesterday is my favorite and I think his best. I lost a couple of his earlier tunes including Sloppy Joe in a computer crash, so I was very happy to get a copy of that one, too. If there are any others lurking in the wings, I’d love to have copies!

Thanks, David.

And on another note, I was overjoyed to find the group eager to try your idea of working through LCS III. And Warren and I are really excited about the response to the new book project. What a great group!

A few days ago, just before the holiday, I saw a quick CSG exchange calling attention to typos and errata in B:CP 1 and 2. So I was about to send out a call for typos.

but I was using an iPad and those posts got away from me. As we are going into new distribution channels shortly, we’re in the process of double-checking all the books for changes before prepping them for transmission, so if whoever posted those errors would please send them to me again I’d be very grateful. Bruce Abbott said he would double-check LCS III, too.

Thanks

Alice

apmce@benchpress.com

thanks!

···

To: CSGNET CSGnet CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Sent: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:17 pm
Subject: call for typos

-----Original Message-----

To: CSGNET CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU

Sent: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:58 pm

Subject: an idea

[David Goldstein (2013.12.03.17:52)]

Dear CSGnet friends,

It is wonderful to see so many CSGnet people respond to Warren’s book idea.

Rick and I were wondering whether there would be any interest in going through Bill’s

new book, LCS III, like we did his orignal book. We could do one chapter per one or two weeks.

What do you think? It doesn’t have to stop any of the other discussions, like are having right now. It just gives us a common curriculum.

If there is some interest, we could start after the new year.

David

Alice,

"Typos, both at the top of page 64: line 2, 10/11

should be 1/11; line 4 1/1+A should be A/1+A"
Martin

···

On 2013/12/3 11:41 PM, Alice McElhone
wrote:

A few days ago, just before the holiday, I saw a quick CSG

exchange calling attention to typos and errata in B:CP 1 and
2. So I was about to
send out a call for typos.

but I was using an iPad and those posts got away from

me. As we are going into new distribution channels shortly,
we’re in the process of double-checking all the books for
changes before prepping them for transmission, so if whoever
posted those errors would please send them to me again I’d be very grateful.
Bruce Abbott said he would double-check LCS III, too.

Thanks

Alice
    These are the typos to which you

refer.

[From Kent McClelland (2013.12.04.0815)]

Hi Alice,

I'm responding to your call for any typos in the 2005 edition of B:CP.

When I was going through the book with my class, we picked up another typo on page 85.

Equation 3a should be p = kr / (1+k) + cD / (1+k)

The "p =" was placed in the numerator of the fraction "kr/(1+k)" instead of standing in front of the equation (since it is an equation for the value of p). The numerator of the first term of the equation should contain only kr. (If this is confusing, compare to Equation 3a in the 1973 edition, which is printed correctly.)

I also noticed some problems with the running heads in some early chapters, but since I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, I can't tell you exactly which ones.

Glad to hear that the book is still selling!

Kent

···

On Dec 3, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Alice McElhone wrote:

To: CSGNET CSGnet <CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU>

Sent: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 11:17 pm

Subject: call for typos

[ALICE POWERS MCELHONE (2013.12.03.11:17)]

Dear CSGnet friends:

It was a nice surprise to get Bill's songs in a CSG post. He and I got to trading music again in recent years, so I already had the song he wrote for Mary (It Seems Like Only Yesterday is my favorite and I think his best. I lost a couple of his earlier tunes including Sloppy Joe in a computer crash, so I was very happy to get a copy of that one, too. If there are any others lurking in the wings, I'd love to have copies!

Thanks, David.

And on another note, I was overjoyed to find the group eager to try your idea of working through LCS III. And Warren and I are really excited about the response to the new book project. What a great group!

A few days ago, just before the holiday, I saw a quick CSG exchange calling attention to typos and errata in B:CP 1 and 2. So I was about to send out a call for typos.
but I was using an iPad and those posts got away from me. As we are going into new distribution channels shortly, we're in the process of double-checking all the books for changes before prepping them for transmission, so if whoever posted those errors would please send them to me again I'd be very grateful. Bruce Abbott said he would double-check LCS III, too.

Thanks

Alice

apmce@benchpress.com

thanks!

-----Original Message-----
To: CSGNET <CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU>
Sent: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 5:58 pm
Subject: an idea

[David Goldstein (2013.12.03.17:52)]

Dear CSGnet friends,

It is wonderful to see so many CSGnet people respond to Warren's book idea.

Rick and I were wondering whether there would be any interest in going through Bill's
new book, LCS III, like we did his orignal book. We could do one chapter per one or two weeks.

What do you think? It doesn't have to stop any of the other discussions, like are having right now. It just gives us a common curriculum.

If there is some interest, we could start after the new year.

David