an idea

[John Kirkland 20131205]

Thanks Barb, your reply is helpful. You’ve reminded me to check out on some of the stage theorists and look for parallels. Indeed it would be surprising if there were no complementary perspectives.

I’d welcome a reply from those therapists using MoL in the field too. Hello…anybody there available to offer a comment with respect to a client’s emotion-like displays during apparent transitions, be these up or down the hierarchy? David, Warren?

With kind regards and Season’s Greetings from summer’s early dawns and extended twilight evenings.

JohnK

···

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM, bara0361@gmail.com bara0361@gmail.com wrote:

I might be completely out of line, but this made me think of what I learned raising babies, and Jean Piaget’s theory of human development. I would have to study again to see if his theories are at all aligned with Dad’s.

The part your question reminded me of was when he said that before a period of progression, there would be a period of regression. His theory (as I remember it at least) was that we are continually on this type of spiral as we develop over the years. Ex: As a baby was progressively learning to become more mobile, he would suddenly have a period of not making as much effort, and also get rather cranky at the same time. Then suddenly there would be a burst of energy, and voila, the happier baby is now crawling around!

I did observe this crankiness in my own children as they went from crawling to walking, from grunting to talking, from learning numbers to having the light bulb go off when addition suddenly made sense. It’s been my belief that people continue following that same spiral, even in to their more mature years, tho’ perhaps at a more subtle or slow pace.

I apologize if I’m far off your track, but I remember Piaget having a big influence on the way I raised my kids, and I know I talked with my parents about that. I believe Mom had recommended a book of his to me.

*barb

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM, John Kirkland johnkirkland@gmail.com wrote:

[John Kirkland 20131204]

(The Music clips attached and played fine)

Yes, please count me in for the next book David.
It’ll be a nice follow through, follow on.

Is there any chance of starting a bit later since it’s our long summer break here starting Christmas Eve?

On a PCT-related matter for those of you deploying MoL, does there tend to be a visible disruption as clients appear to move across and between levels? I’m curious since it’s noted in ‘The Wonder Weeks’ level accretion is usually characterised by otherwise unexplained fussiness.

Kind regards

JohnK

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM, D GOLDSTEIN davidmg@verizon.net wrote:

[David Goldstein (2013.12.03.17:52)]

Dear CSGnet friends,

It is wonderful to see so many CSGnet people respond to Warren’s book idea.

Rick and I were wondering whether there would be any interest in going through Bill’s

new book, LCS III, like we did his orignal book. We could do one chapter per one or two weeks.

What do you think? It doesn’t have to stop any of the other discussions, like are having right now. It just gives us a common curriculum.

If there is some interest, we could start after the new year.

David

Hi John, as PCT would suggest, affect change seems to signal conflict and/or awareness of conflict. It would be fascinating to see if certain emotions are more distinctive. For example, we often see a certain kind of wry smile when people start to realise the paradox of their conflict and start to understand it…

Warren

···

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM, bara0361@gmail.com bara0361@gmail.com wrote:

I might be completely out of line, but this made me think of what I learned raising babies, and Jean Piaget’s theory of human development. I would have to study again to see if his theories are at all aligned with Dad’s.

The part your question reminded me of was when he said that before a period of progression, there would be a period of regression. His theory (as I remember it at least) was that we are continually on this type of spiral as we develop over the years. Ex: As a baby was progressively learning to become more mobile, he would suddenly have a period of not making as much effort, and also get rather cranky at the same time. Then suddenly there would be a burst of energy, and voila, the happier baby is now crawling around!

I did observe this crankiness in my own children as they went from crawling to walking, from grunting to talking, from learning numbers to having the light bulb go off when addition suddenly made sense. It’s been my belief that people continue following that same spiral, even in to their more mature years, tho’ perhaps at a more subtle or slow pace.

I apologize if I’m far off your track, but I remember Piaget having a big influence on the way I raised my kids, and I know I talked with my parents about that. I believe Mom had recommended a book of his to me.

*barb

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM, John Kirkland johnkirkland@gmail.com wrote:

[John Kirkland 20131204]

(The Music clips attached and played fine)

Yes, please count me in for the next book David.
It’ll be a nice follow through, follow on.

Is there any chance of starting a bit later since it’s our long summer break here starting Christmas Eve?

On a PCT-related matter for those of you deploying MoL, does there tend to be a visible disruption as clients appear to move across and between levels? I’m curious since it’s noted in ‘The Wonder Weeks’ level accretion is usually characterised by otherwise unexplained fussiness.

Kind regards

JohnK

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM, D GOLDSTEIN davidmg@verizon.net wrote:

[David Goldstein (2013.12.03.17:52)]

Dear CSGnet friends,

It is wonderful to see so many CSGnet people respond to Warren’s book idea.

Rick and I were wondering whether there would be any interest in going through Bill’s

new book, LCS III, like we did his orignal book. We could do one chapter per one or two weeks.

What do you think? It doesn’t have to stop any of the other discussions, like are having right now. It just gives us a common curriculum.

If there is some interest, we could start after the new year.

David