HomeVoice: (636) 451-3232

Lloyd Mobile: (314)-609-5571
email:Â lloydk@klinedinst.com

Richard S. MarkenÂ

“The childhood of the human race is far from over. We
have a long way to go before most people will understand that what they do for
others is just as important to their well-being as what they do for
themselves.” – William T. Powers

Thank you for remembering Mom today. It’s going to be the same kind of day here in Durango as it was twelve years ago. The leaves are nearly done changing their colors, brilliant yellows, oranges and reds against a robin’s egg sky; the cool fall breeze not entirely dispelling the warmth of the bright October sun…

Today what stands out for me about Mom was her impatience for drama. She was a true intellectual, not only book-smart but full of common sense, sharp-minded and witty. I often referred to both of my parents as walking encyclopedias, as they so often had the answer off the top of their head, no matter the subject. Who needed Google with them around?

Mom could be very diplomatic, examining different sides to a situation with her educated eye, watching to see what conclusion might be reached without always revealing her own opinion. However, when she wanted to make that opinion known, she made her point with undeniable precision.

I miss her, too, her bright blue eyes and unabashed laugh, her deep affinity for animals, science and the natural world, her respect for wisdom, and her ever-sensible advice. What I wouldn’t give for one more Saturday morning chatting over too many cups of coffee…

*bara

image00126.gif

···

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

[From Rick Marken (2016.10.08.930)]

Lloyd Klinedinst (2016.10.08.34 CDT)
…I miss her voice and well as Bill’s on CSGnet…

RM: Me ttoo, Lloyd. Me too.Â

BestÂ

Rick

Â

Lloyd

Dr. Lloyd Klinedinst
 10 Dover Lane
 Villa Ridge, MO 63089-2001

Richard S. MarkenÂ

“The childhood of the human race is far from over. We
have a long way to go before most people will understand that what they do for
others is just as important to their well-being as what they do for
themselves.” – William T. Powers

Thanks for remembering her! I think of her practically every day. I can still hear her voice and remember what it was like to give her a big hug. She not only had much to offer with regard to her intellect but just in her presence which gave me a lot of comfort.

image00126.gif

···

On Oct 8, 2016 10:50 AM, “bara0361@gmail.combara0361@gmail.com wrote:

Thank you for remembering Mom today. It’s going to be the same kind of day here in Durango as it was twelve years ago. The leaves are nearly done changing their colors, brilliant yellows, oranges and reds against a robin’s egg sky; the cool fall breeze not entirely dispelling the warmth of the bright October sun…

Today what stands out for me about Mom was her impatience for drama. She was a true intellectual, not only book-smart but full of common sense, sharp-minded and witty. I often referred to both of my parents as walking encyclopedias, as they so often had the answer off the top of their head, no matter the subject. Who needed Google with them around?

Mom could be very diplomatic, examining different sides to a situation with her educated eye, watching to see what conclusion might be reached without always revealing her own opinion. However, when she wanted to make that opinion known, she made her point with undeniable precision.

I miss her, too, her bright blue eyes and unabashed laugh, her deep affinity for animals, science and the natural world, her respect for wisdom, and her ever-sensible advice. What I wouldn’t give for one more Saturday morning chatting over too many cups of coffee…

*bara

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

[From Rick Marken (2016.10.08.930)]

Lloyd Klinedinst (2016.10.08.34 CDT)
…I miss her voice and well as Bill’s on CSGnet…

RM: Me too, Lloyd. Me too.Â

BestÂ

Rick

Â

Lloyd

Dr. Lloyd Klinedinst
 10 Dover Lane
 Villa Ridge, MO 63089-2001

Richard S. MarkenÂ