Any guidance from CSG members?

[From Andrew Nichols (2014.04.25.713)]

If you all would permit me…

I am a psychotherapist near Chicago, Illinois, and have been attempting to practice informed by PCT. For the past 4-5 years, I have been studying B:CP, LCS volumes, web site information (pdfs, papers from CSG members (Thanks Rick and others :slight_smile: ), as well as Tim Carey’s books, which I have found invaluable in understanding and using MOL in my work with clients.

Anecdotally, I have been very excited by the positive results that appear related to adopting this approach (client’s improving, clients reporting a sense of significant difference in their experience of therapy with me in comparison with other approaches, etc.).

In short, I am convinced that the revolution in life sciences that Bill foresaw will eventually be possible.

My question is: What could I do to make a concrete contribution to further Bill’s/CSG’s work? What problems need further work? Any suggestions as to how I might build on my work with clients in ways that could make a substantive contribution to PCT development?

I have no desire to quibble about wording, re-wording that appears of interest lately. What about modeling, concrete research, etc (although I must admit, I am kind of slow when it comes to research methods).

Any guidance would be appreciated. Sorry for the rambling tome :wink:

Andrew

Great to hear from you Andrew!

It's wonderful to hear about your positive results!

What could you do? How about the following:
- join in with us for supervision and training possibilities
- ask us for any new MOL resources we may have
- write up a case series for publication with help from us
- do some local talks and training and we can help with checking your slides
- do more empirical work maybe linking in with a local university, that builds on some paradigms we can share with you, or others you may devise. We have done all kinds of research for example coding sessions, developing self reports, clients rating videos, etc.
Look forward to hearing from you, directly is probably easier.
Warren

···

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Apr 2014, at 13:31, Andrew Nichols <anicholslcsw@gmail.com> wrote:

[From Andrew Nichols (2014.04.25.713)]

If you all would permit me...

I am a psychotherapist near Chicago, Illinois, and have been attempting to practice informed by PCT. For the past 4-5 years, I have been studying B:CP, LCS volumes, web site information (pdfs, papers from CSG members (Thanks Rick and others :slight_smile: ), as well as Tim Carey's books, which I have found invaluable in understanding and using MOL in my work with clients.

Anecdotally, I have been very excited by the positive results that appear related to adopting this approach (client's improving, clients reporting a sense of significant difference in their experience of therapy with me in comparison with other approaches, etc.).

In short, I am convinced that the revolution in life sciences that Bill foresaw will eventually be possible.

My question is: What could I do to make a concrete contribution to further Bill's/CSG's work? What problems need further work? Any suggestions as to how I might build on my work with clients in ways that could make a substantive contribution to PCT development?

I have no desire to quibble about wording, re-wording that appears of interest lately. What about modeling, concrete research, etc (although I must admit, I am kind of slow when it comes to research methods).

Any guidance would be appreciated. Sorry for the rambling tome :wink:

Andrew