Bill Powers

I mean what I say, and I do what I say.

You messed with the wrong dude.

An Ad hominem attack is when you attack someone personally INSTEAD of his ideas. You have perfected that art.

I attacked your character directly because that is where the problem lies and where my claims lay (i.e you are a liar)

You have NEVER come back and refuted a claim based on counter-evidence. You have only come back with Ad hominem attacks and making snide innuendo remarks about my lack of formal education and other irrelevant bullshit.

So when I say you are a piece of shit, that is NOT an Ad hominem attack, because it YOU who I am talking about, and it is YOU I am making a claim about.

But don’t fret. Any ‘new’ person coming into this forum won’t be exposed to my rants, I’m outta here.

[From Bill Powers (2005.02.16.1650 MST)]

Marc wrote:

I mean what I say, and I do what I say.

You messed with the wrong dude.

I agree. I have never met a wronger one.

Bye.

Bill P.

Bill passed away today in 2013. He is sorely missed.

···

Sent from my iPhone

[From Erling Jorgensen]

Yes, sorely missed. Thanks for the reminder.

Erling

Confidentiality: * This message is intended only for the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential under HIPAA, 42CFR Part 2, and/or other applicable State and Federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or the employer or agent responsible for delivering the message to the addressee, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.*

Please also note: * Under 42 CFR part 2 you are prohibited from making any further disclosure of information that identifies an individual as having or having had a substance use disorder unless it is expressly permitted by the written consent of the individual whose information is being disclosed or as otherwise permitted by 42 CFR Part 2.*

“Fred Nickols” (fred@nickols.us via csgnet Mailing List) csgnet@lists.illinois.edu 5/24/2018 5:54 PM >>>

• CAUTION - This is an EXTERNAL email - DO NOT open attachments or links in unexpected emails or from unknown senders *

···

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Fred,

I was so busy with my last day at the school district for the year I forgot to post anything. Thanks for remembering! It’s amazing how time marches on and yet at times it seems like just yesterday when I was mowing his lawn for him or having him over for dinner. I think about him often.

Allie

···

On May 24, 2018 3:54 PM, “Fred Nickols” csgnet@lists.illinois.edu wrote:

Sent from my iPhone