Birthday

[Martin Taylor 2016.08.29.11.11]

Thank you for noting Dad’s birthday, Bruce.

I miss Dad a lot, too.  While hiking yesterday near Pagosa

Springs, CO, I remembered some of our road trips out here to
camp in the Rocky Mountains. Mom always had bird and
wildflower guides handy, and Dad taught us how to navigate our
routes using the maps in our over-sized Rand McNally books.
(I still have all those things on my shelf, and use them
regularly!) Learning in our family was (is) a continual
process, not necessary always consciously, but certainly a
matter of habit. Ask questions, keep exploring, investigate
things you haven’t seen before.

Maps represent, to me a way to make sense of the whole. 

Looking at a single street tells me nothing of the town, the
outlying terrain, the relationship to the rest of the world.
I like to see it all spread out at once, and then zero in on
whatever catches my eye.

Happy Birthday, Dad…

*b

Lovely memories, to which I want to add my appreciation to Bill for

helping guide me out of my own cul-de-sac of the Layered Protocol
Theory, which turned out to be only a special case and therefore a
gateway for me to see the wider world of PCT.

I expand that thought to the conversations happening here. 

Every road is important, even if it sometimes veers in to a
cul-de-sac and seems to keep going 'round and 'round.
Eventually the way back out is discovered, and the road trip can
continue…

As happens in the "Crowd" demo when an entity gets caught in an

apparent dead end in which the advance toward the goal is beset by
“opposition” from almost all sides.

Martin
···

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Bruce
Abbott bbabbott@frontier.com
wrote:

[From Bruce Abbott (2016.08.29.0930

EDT)]

Today would have been Bill Power’s

90th birthday. Happy birthday, Bill, we
miss you!

Bruce

[From Bruce Abbott (2016.08.29.0930 EDT)]

Today would have been Bill Power’s 90th birthday. Happy birthday, Bill, we miss you!

Bruce

Today would have been Bill Power’s 90th birthday. Happy birthday, Bill, we miss you!

Bruce

Bruce

I miss Dad a lot, too. While hiking yesterday near Pagosa Springs, CO, I remembered some of our road trips out here to camp in the Rocky Mountains. Mom always had bird and wildflower guides handy, and Dad taught us how to navigate our routes using the maps in our over-sized Rand McNally books. (I still have all those things on my shelf, and use them regularly!) Learning in our family was (is) a continual process, not necessary always consciously, but certainly a matter of habit. Ask questions, keep exploring, investigate things you haven’t seen before.

Maps represent, to me a way to make sense of the whole. Looking at a single street tells me nothing of the town, the outlying terrain, the relationship to the rest of the world. I like to see it all spread out at once, and then zero in on whatever catches my eye.

I expand that thought to the conversations happening here. Every road is important, even if it sometimes veers in to a cul-de-sac and seems to keep going 'round and 'round. Eventually the way back out is discovered, and the road trip can continue…

Happy Birthday, Dad…

*b

···

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Bruce Abbott bbabbott@frontier.com wrote:

Bruce

Several of us are also posting birthday wishes to Bill’s Facebook page. Please don’t shut it down.

Fred Nickols

···

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:07 AM
To: csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: Re: Birthday

I miss Dad a lot, too. While hiking yesterday near Pagosa Springs, CO, I remembered some of our road trips out here to camp in the Rocky Mountains. Mom always had bird and wildflower guides handy, and Dad taught us how to navigate our routes using the maps in our over-sized Rand McNally books. (I still have all those things on my shelf, and use them regularly!) Learning in our family was (is) a continual process, not necessary always consciously, but certainly a matter of habit. Ask questions, keep exploring, investigate things you haven’t seen before.

Maps represent, to me a way to make sense of the whole. Looking at a single street tells me nothing of the town, the outlying terrain, the relationship to the rest of the world. I like to see it all spread out at once, and then zero in on whatever catches my eye.

I expand that thought to the conversations happening here. Every road is important, even if it sometimes veers in to a cul-de-sac and seems to keep going 'round and 'round. Eventually the way back out is discovered, and the road trip can continue…

Happy Birthday, Dad…

*b

Bruce

This day has been on my mind for quite some time since I had always thought that Dad would have lived into his 90’s. It still feels like he should be here!

I haven’t been reading everything on CSG net but have read enough to know that he would have appreciated the effort being made to keep the discussions and debates going especially when participants are controlling for different goals and find the conflict somewhat uncomfortable.

It’s interesting how all of us - including Dad - at times lash out on a more personal level when our higher reference levels get disturbed. Of course its best if we didn’t do that. But, after all, we’re all human and at least we have the insight through PCT to know that it’s not the others person’s fault that we feel disturbed but that instead its something from within ourselves over which we do have control. If course that doesn’t make it any easier!

So, happy birthday, Dad! May the debates continue and may we all keep it in perspective!

···

On Aug 29, 2016 8:07 AM, “bara0361@gmail.combara0361@gmail.com wrote:

Happy Birthday, Dad…

*b

Bruce

No worries, Fred! The Facebook page will remain. I’ll take a look at it in a bit.

Allie

···

On Aug 29, 2016 8:14 AM, “Fred Nickols” fred@nickols.us wrote:

Several of us are also posting birthday wishes to Bill’s Facebook page. Please don’t shut it down.

Fred Nickols

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:07 AM
To: csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: Re: Birthday

Happy Birthday, Dad…

*b

Bruce