Cartoon

Bruce,

You told me not long ago that you anticipate Rick's maneuvers and handle
them without getting uptight yourself.

You certainly do a good job. Rick is without peer when it comes to writing
stupidities.

I just read your post this morning. You want Tom's address, so I'll cc this
to him.

I am pleased to infer that you found good use for the CSG CD.

In today's Dilbert, Rick is on the left and you on the right.

Now back to learning DreamWeaver.

Best, Dag

DIlbert 000108.PDF (62 Bytes)

Bruce,

Your message gave me hint that you had posted, so again I downloaded log0101A.
Your post is measured and reasonable as always. Very reasonable!

Rick is up a creek without a paddle and frantic. He seems so utterly lost. Bill is not in his corner and is very clear about that. Bill is clearly (to me) reaching out to Tom and Ed. He has finally understood what has been going on and is lecturing Rick about it. (Tom shared a private post from Bill to Rick this morning. Did he share it with you?)

I toyed with the idea of dredging up Rick's 991216.1500 where he brags on Rick's Thinking Program, to show Stefan what kind of an expert Rick fancies himself to be, but since Bill was in on that one, it would be counterproductive at this point. As you say, it takes time to get involved. Rick has won many battles in the past by attrition. He has unlimited time on the government's payroll and nothing better to do. I guess PCT is his whole life and he sees his credibility and recognition slipping through his fingers. As I look at it, he is getting a dose of his own medicine and finds that he dees not like it.

The whole thing is pathetic, but I think it is very wholesome for all the rest of us that we have called a spade a spade.

Rick mentioned perhaps two weeks ago that if everyone would apologize to him we could begin the healing process. It amazes me that he has not understood that he is the one that owes the rest of the gang a HUGE apology. And then that will not be enough. He must demonstrate for some time - years - that he no longer looks down his nose at the rest of us mortal PCT-worker bees.

You have done a wonderful job.

Best, Dag

···

Thanks, Dag.

Tone has shifted. Maybe this is passing. I hope so. I can't continue putting time into it. I stripped a lot out of the last reply; maybe not enough. We'll see.

Time for bed.

Bruce

Thanks, Dag.

Tone has shifted. Maybe this is passing. I hope so. I can't continue putting time into it. I stripped a lot out of the last reply; maybe not enough. We'll see.

Time for bed.

Bruce

(Tom shared a private post from Bill to Rick this morning. Did he share it with you?)

No. I'm sure that there's quite a bit of off-list email that I don't see. In fact, all that I have seen is the couple of notes you have sent me. Probably best, actually, that I have not been privy to any of this. I wouldn't want to let slip anything that would foster an impression of people ganging up on Rick. It's important that what I have said has been entirely my own. On the other hand, if he participates a lot in such back-channel exchanges, he may expect from others what he does, and that might account for his talk about people ganging up on him. So it's best for me not to support that in any way.

And this is one of those times when it's very important when calling a spade a spade just to call it a spade and not to call it a damned etc. etc. spade.

I toyed with the idea of dredging up Rick's 991216.1500 where he brags on Rick's Thinking Program

Yes, a reference to that was part of what I stripped out of that last post. Judging from the silence, there may be no need for it. But thanks for the date citation, in case I need to look it up.

BTW, I'd recommend using plain .txt files rather than .doc Word files for email archives. It isn't as if you're formatting headers, footers, page numbers, and so on, and Word is such a resource hog.

Thanks again for your supportive notes and calls.

Bruce

···

At 09:21 PM 01/07/2001 -0800, Forssell Translation Team wrote: