Etiquette

From [Marc Abrams (2005.12.16.0115)]

I would like to think that e-mail communication is like any other conversation except expanded in time with huge delays. These delays cause problems.

We are impatient and we can’t be bothered waiting for three days and exchanging thirteen posts just to clear up a little ol assumption we might have but what I find extremely rude is the ignoring of questions I ask.

If I were standing next to you and I asked you about a, b and C and you simply answered me with regard to a I would probably say, so, what about …? And I would get some reply. Here on the Internet if you don’t want to answer a question you just don’t respond. I find that rude.

But even worse for me, is what Marken and Taylor practically do for a living on CSGnet and it drives me up a wall. I would like to know why they do it or even if they are aware of themselves doing it and that is, I will ask a question about a,b, or c and get a response back about a, x, and z. Z and x of course being what they want to advocate for, not responses to my inquiries.

Can anyone se why I might feel this way?

I find this rude, dismissive, and disrespectful. Now I don’t know if this is actually the case so I am coming out trying resolve this for myself with these folks. Do my beliefs hold any water? I do not expect you to reply in public but I would like to hear from you privately on this matter.

I posted this publicly because I want everyone to know that it really doesn’t take to much additional effort after reading a post to simply acknowledge the questions and say you have nothing to say about them rather than ignore them.

I will say this, if you don’t like answering questions then please don’t engage me in conversation. I will not continue to engage in communications that are at cross-purposes and sometimes we need to get a better understanding of where someone might be coming from. That requires questions.

Regards,

Marc

The most important knowledge that we can possibly possess is that of our own ignorance. – Anon

Seek understanding before trying to be understood. --Steve Covey