Fred Good

If memory serves, Fred Good passed away, did he not? I ask because I got a birthday reminder for him on Facebook.

···

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Chief Toolmaker & Lead Solution Engineer

Distance Consulting LLC

“Assistance at A Distance”

Friends,

I just received this news from Lloyd Klinedinst:

It is with deep sorrow that I share the news that Fred Good, CSG president from 2013-2017, died this morning after a recently diagnosed (June 28) metastatic cancer. Information on any memorial activities will be shared as received from his family.

We thank Fred for his years of service to promote PCT and prepare for the recent CSG become IAPCT conference

at Northwestern University.

Fred participated in our annual meeting at Northwestern on the 4th and 5th of this month by videoconference. He was always quick to say that he was an artist, not a scientist. He was also a deeply compassionate social activist. Perhaps his long commitment to PCT grew out of the light it sheds on education and improving our social and economic arrangements as well as its beauty and elegance, and the experience and practice of the arts recognized as the control of perception. There was surely as well the friendship and esteem he felt for Bill and Mary, and they for him.

···

/Bruce

[From Fred Nickols (2017.08.22.1122 ET)]

Sad news.

Fred Nickols

···

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 11:15 AM
To: Control Systems Group Network (CSGnet) CSGNET@listserv.illinois.edu
Subject: Fred Good

Friends,

It is with deep sorrow that I share the news that Fred Good, CSG president from 2013-2017, died this morning after a recently diagnosed (June 28) metastatic cancer. Information on any memorial activities will be shared as received from his family.

We thank Fred for his years of service to promote PCT and prepare for the recent CSG become IAPCT conference

Fred participated in our annual meeting at Northwestern on the 4th and 5th of this month by videoconference. He was always quick to say that he was an artist, not a scientist. He was also a deeply compassionate social activist. Perhaps his long commitment to PCT grew out of the light it sheds on education and improving our social and economic arrangements as well as its beauty and elegance, and the experience and practice of the arts recognized as the control of perception. There was surely as well the friendship and esteem he felt for Bill and Mary, and they for him.

/Bruce

[From Rick Marken (2017.08.22.0940)]

···

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

Friends,

It is with deep sorrow that I share the news that Fred Good, CSG president from 2013-2017, died this morning after a recently diagnosed (June 28) metastatic cancer. Information on any memorial activities will be shared as received from his family.

Sad news indeed. Fred was a very special guy and an enthusiastic supporter of PCT who helped me publish two of my collections of papers – More Mind Readings and Doing Research on Purpose. It was great to work with Fred on these projects and I am very saddened by his sudden loss to us. My sincere condolences to Fred’s wife Perry, also a very special person.Â

Rest in peace, Fred. And if you meet Bill up there tell him it’s been hell down here without him.

Best regards

Rick

Â

Fred participated in our annual meeting at Northwestern on the 4th and 5th of this month by videoconference. He was always quick to say that he was an artist, not a scientist. He was also a deeply compassionate social activist. Perhaps his long commitment to PCT grew out of the light it sheds on education and improving our social and economic arrangements as well as its beauty and elegance, and the experience and practice of the arts recognized as the control of perception. There was surely as well the friendship and esteem he felt for Bill and Mary, and they for him.Â

/Bruce

Richard S. MarkenÂ

"Perfection is achieved not when you have nothing more to add, but when you
have nothing left to take away.�
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I’m so sorry to learn of Fred’s passing. He contributed a lot to the growth and development of PCT’

Dick Robertson

···

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

Friends,

/Bruce

I have been so busy with the start of the school year and other pressing things I did not see this until just now. I am somewhat struck by grief over this in that I did not realize how serious his condition was and thought I would hear his voice at least one more time. I spent many long conversations with Fred and appreciate his willingness to step in and carry the torch for PCT and my Dad. He had much to offer not only with his academic and organizational work but as an artist. The painting attached of Dad hangs in my kitchen and reminds me of both of them. If there is a great beyond where we all go to I am sure they are having some wonderful conversations. I miss you Fred. My heart goes out to Perry and his family.

With love,

Allie

···

On Aug 24, 2017 3:14 PM, “Robertson, Richard” r-robertson@neiu.edu wrote:

I’m so sorry to learn of Fred’s passing. He contributed a lot to the growth and development of PCT’

Dick Robertson

Friends,

/Bruce

I don’t know how I also missed this message… that is very sad news. I know there was a special connection between him and Dad and Mom. I also have a painting of his hanging in one of my rooms. Allie’s message speaks for my own feelings as well…

*bara

···

On Sep 4, 2017 10:21 AM, “Alison Powers” controlsystemsgroupconference@gmail.com wrote:

I have been so busy with the start of the school year and other pressing things I did not see this until just now. I am somewhat struck by grief over this in that I did not realize how serious his condition was and thought I would hear his voice at least one more time. I spent many long conversations with Fred and appreciate his willingness to step in and carry the torch for PCT and my Dad. He had much to offer not only with his academic and organizational work but as an artist. The painting attached of Dad hangs in my kitchen and reminds me of both of them. If there is a great beyond where we all go to I am sure they are having some wonderful conversations. I miss you Fred. My heart goes out to Perry and his family.

With love,

Allie

On Aug 24, 2017 3:14 PM, “Robertson, Richard” r-robertson@neiu.edu wrote:

Dick Robertson

Friends,

/Bruce

[Dag Forssell (2017.09.04 16:15 PDT)]

Allie, many thanks for this image. Nicely photographed with high
resolution.

I cropped it to 8x10 and will print at Costco, frame and hang in my
office.

Best, Dag

···

At 09:20 AM 9/4/2017, Allie Powers wrote:

I have been so busy with the
start of the school year and other pressing things I did not see this
until just now. I am somewhat struck by grief over this in that I did not