FYI

As some of you are aware, I work at Fort Lewis College here in Durango, CO. We have a student worker in our office who is studying psychology among other things. She’s extremely bright and enthusiastic, a top-notch student! After a conversation we had recently, I sent Megan a link to the PCT site, and also to a YouTube video by Tim Carey about MOL. While she conceded that it would take a lot of time to really learn, she was very taken by the whole concept, and especially regarding MOL. Megan mentioned the rubber band demo was particularly useful in helping her grasp the general concept of this theory.

I encouraged her to keep exploring, and to contact Tim at some point. I’ll see if I still have an MOL book or two, to pass along to her. I’m unable to find my email with Tim’s link to his new website, so I’ll appreciate if you could pass that along once more. If there is anything (or anyone) else you feel would be appropriate to pass along to this newcomer, that information would be welcome, too!

One comment she made caught my attention, in light of a recent discussion about how to get the word out more widely about PCT. Megan said it’s not always obvious where to obtain information on theories not necessarily being widely taught or studied. Had we not happened to have this conversation, I wonder how - or if - she would have come across this.

This made me think of all the times I watched Dad sitting there waiting for that light bulb to go off in someone’s mind, and the grin that would spread across both faces…

The other link I sent her was this: http://www.playworks.org/**. ** This group has developed a method by which they involve young kids in playground activities as a way to teach them about positive behavior. Thought this might be of some interest.

Onward, PCT…

*barb