Good news for my lab: Adam Matic is joining to start his PhD

Dear all,

I wanted to share with you my joy and honor in having Adam joining my lab to start his PhD at the Instituto de Neurociencias. This means that soon there will be another face here, from which a great deal of the future of PCT (and much more) shall depend… The fact that he is my first student makes the occasion even more special.

Wish us good luck, great insights, and hard work!

Alex

What super news! I hope your research goes really well.

Kent

···

On Oct 11, 2016, at 9:25 AM, Alex Gomez-Marin agomezmarin@gmail.com wrote:

Dear all,

I wanted to share with you my joy and honor in having Adam joining my lab to start his PhD at the Instituto de Neurociencias. This means that soon there will be another face

here
, from which a great deal of the future of PCT (and much more) shall depend… The fact that he is my first student makes the occasion even more special.

Alex

[From Erling Jorgensen (2016.10.11 10.45 EDT)]

Hi Alex,

I agree with Kent. It sounds like an outstanding opportunity for collaboration! You and Adam are both very incisive in your understanding of PCT. I’ll look forward to reading emerging results.

All the best to both of you,

Erling

“McClelland, Kent” MCCLEL@Grinnell.EDU 10/11/2016 10:41 AM >>>

Kent

···

Dear all,

I wanted to share with you my joy and honor in having Adam joining my lab to start his PhD at the Instituto de Neurociencias. This means that soon there will be another face here, from which a great deal of the future of PCT (and much more) shall depend… The fact that he is my first student makes the occasion even more special.

Alex

NOTICE: This e-mail communication (including any attachments) is CONFIDENTIAL and the materials contained herein are PRIVILEGED and intended only for disclosure to or use by the person(s) listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient(s), nor a person responsible for the delivery of this communication to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by using the "reply" feature or by calling me at the number listed above, and then immediately delete this message and all attachments from your computer. Thank you.

Agreed! Congratulations both of you and I am watching this space. I am looking forward to seeing Adam’s Masters research published as well as everything both of you cook up in the future!
Warren

···

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Erling Jorgensen EJorgensen@riverbendcmhc.org wrote:

[From Erling Jorgensen (2016.10.11 10.45 EDT)]

Hi Alex,

I agree with Kent. It sounds like an outstanding opportunity for collaboration! You and Adam are both very incisive in your understanding of PCT. I’ll look forward to reading emerging results.

All the best to both of you,

Erling

“McClelland, Kent” MCCLEL@Grinnell.EDU 10/11/2016 10:41 AM >>>

Kent

Dear all,

Alex

NOTICE: This e-mail communication (including any attachments) is CONFIDENTIAL and the materials contained herein are PRIVILEGED and intended only for disclosure to or use by the person(s) listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient(s), nor a person responsible for the delivery of this communication to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by using the "reply" feature or by calling me at the number listed above, and then immediately delete this message and all attachments from your computer. Thank you.

Dr Warren Mansell
Reader in Clinical Psychology

School of Health Sciences
2nd Floor Zochonis Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
Email: warren.mansell@manchester.ac.uk

Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 8589

Advanced notice of a new transdiagnostic therapy manual, authored by Carey, Mansell & Tai - Principles-Based Counselling and Psychotherapy: A Method of Levels Approach

Available Now

Check www.pctweb.org for further information on Perceptual Control Theory

[From Rick Marken (2016.10.12.1315)

···

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 7:25 AM, Alex Gomez-Marin

AGM: Dear all,

AGM: I wanted to share with you my joy and honor in having Adam joining my lab to start his PhD at the Instituto de Neurociencias.

RM: Great news indeed, not only because Adam is a brilliant scientist, engineer and student of PCT but because it means that my analysis of the power law didn’t spoil Adam’s chances of getting into the lab (since I wrote one of the letters of recommendation for him). I just wish I had a lab so that I could have Adam work with me!

Best regards

Rick

This means that soon there will be another face here, from which a great deal of the future of PCT (and much more) shall depend… The fact that he is my first student makes the occasion even more special.

Alex

Richard S. Marken

“The childhood of the human race is far from over. We
have a long way to go before most people will understand that what they do for
others is just as important to their well-being as what they do for
themselves.” – William T. Powers