Happy Camper

From Fred Nickols (2018.10.29.1642 ET)

I am a happy camper. Today’s mail brought with it a copy of a very special book. It is the 1960 Yearbook of the Society for General Systems Research edited by Ludwig von Bertalanffy and Anatol Rapoport. It contains the seminal article by Bill Powers and his co-authors, Richard Clark and Richard McFarland titled “A General Feedback Theory of Human Behavior: Part 1.”

To my surprise, it is a reprint from “Perceptual and Motor Skills, Monograph Supplement I-VII, 1960.”

Whoever owned this book, someone with the last name Mullins, did some serious underlining in this paper. Fortunately, it’s very light.

But, on the bright side, I now have a copy of this important publication. Yea!

Eat your hearts out all you less fortunate folks. :slight_smile:

···

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

“Assistance at A Distance”

Oops. I should have said Robert, not Richard. Interestingly, the paper is in two parts with the first part being a reprint. Does anyone know if there is a copy of this book in the Northwestern collection?

···

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

Hearts are safe. Thanks to Warren, parts 1 an 2 can be downloaded from here:

http://www.pctweb.org/Powers1960%20part1.pdf

http://www.pctweb.org/Powers%20et%20al%201960%20part2.pdf

···

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 4:44 PM Fred Nickols csgnet@lists.illinois.edu wrote:

From Fred Nickols (2018.10.29.1642 ET)

I am a happy camper. Today’s mail brought with it a copy of a very special book. It is the 1960 Yearbook of the Society for General Systems Research edited by Ludwig von Bertalanffy and Anatol Rapoport. It contains the seminal article by Bill Powers and his co-authors, Richard Clark and Richard McFarland titled “A General Feedback Theory of Human Behavior: Part 1.”

To my surprise, it is a reprint from “Perceptual and Motor Skills, Monograph Supplement I-VII, 1960.”

Whoever owned this book, someone with the last name Mullins, did some serious underlining in this paper. Fortunately, it’s very light.

But, on the bright side, I now have a copy of this important publication. Yea!

Eat your hearts out all you less fortunate folks. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

From Fred Nickols (2018.10.30.1157 ET)

They are also the first two chapters in “Living Control Systems.”

···

egards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner