help identifying controlled perception

I seem to be failing this one.

I want to post to a forum in the phpbb community. To do so, I need to register. The last step has this question in place of a captcha widget:

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

I am not seeing the clue on the phpbb.com index page or on any of a number of subpages that I’ve looked at, though it is evidently intended to be obvious to a human eye. The colored straws that I have grasped at are red, blue, gray, and brown. I think maybe there is a page called the forum index, but I haven’t found it.

So … what is the controlled perception that I am missing?

OK, the answer has been found (by the prescribed route), the trial-and-error process can come to an end. Thanks! We return you now to your regular programming.

···

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

I want to post to a forum in the phpbb community. To do so, I need to register. The last step has this question in place of a captcha widget:

I am not seeing the clue on the phpbb.com index page or on any of a number of subpages that I’ve looked at, though it is evidently intended to be obvious to a human eye. The colored straws that I have grasped at are red, blue, gray, and brown. I think maybe there is a page called the forum index, but I haven’t found it.

Found twice. I delayed too long sending that. Thanks, all!

···

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

OK, the answer has been found (by the prescribed route), the trial-and-error process can come to an end. Thanks! We return you now to your regular programming.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote: