improper actions

From [Marc Abrams (2005.11.12.1333)]

In a message dated 11/13/2005 12:25:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, marken@MINDREADINGS.COM writes:

···

[From Rick Marken (2005.11.13.0920)]

Marc, you just posted a PDF file. Evidence is what I described: a
non-hierarchical model of the “recovered runaway” situation. If you
want to describe the model that you say is described in the PDF file
and explain how it relates to a PCT model that would be acceptable as
well. Now get to work.

And what would it mean to be ‘acceptable’? You just don’t understand. I don’t have to prove anything to you.

You can accept and not accept what you want. I don’t have the time or desire to duplicate your effort in an SD model.

Making a model of a tracking task is a waste of time. I’m already convinced that control is the underlying mechanism for behavior. I just don’t think PCT comes anywhere close to fully explaining why that behavior takes place and a tracking task gives me no additional insights.

I would like to talk about the burnout model and how PCT might address that problem, so why don’t you show me how a PCT model might address that problem.

BTW, I think that the SD model I sent is a poor one for any number of reasons, but I’ll let you tell me what those shortcomings are.

Get back to me when you have something for me to see.

Regards,

Marc

[From Rick Marken (2005.11.13.1300)]

Marc Abrams (2005.11.12.1333)--

You just don't understand. I don't have to prove anything to you.

You've already proved it.

Regards

Rick

···

----

Richard S. Marken
marken@mindreadings.com
Home 310 474-0313
Cell 310 729-1400

From [Marc Abrams (2005.11.13.1628)]

In a message dated 11/13/2005 4:03:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, marken@MINDREADINGS.COM writes:

···

[From Rick Marken (2005.11.13.1300)]

Rick, when you get your zero-sum economic model off the ground I’d like to see it. Since you think your tracking task ‘explains’ human behavior, I’m sure you have great hopes and expectations for your work in economics.

Might even propel you into the same league with Bill’s dad.

I really do want to wish you luck with your toy models. They have really swayed a good number of people to drop whatever theories they currently hold and move into PCT. Good work, you should be proud of yourself.

Regards,

Marc