It's a Shame

From [Marc Abrams (2005.06.24.2051)]

About a month ago I called Bill Powers on the phone hoping to be able to find a way to bridge the gap that exists between us. I wound up hanging up on him.

So much for the attempt. But I am a persistent bugger, so maybe one day in the future it still might come to pass.

I owe Bill a lot. If it weren’t for his criticism’s I may not have been able to understand what I needed to know and learn about. It is a shame he does not understand that my criticism’s are not intended to harm but to help.

We can only learn something new if we are willing to acknowledge that what we currently have is not adequate, and theonly way that happens is by finding out where and how you might be wrong, or if someone might have a better idea than you do.

No science was ever constructed by one man, and no science ever will be.

Bill Powers built on the work of others and I for one am building on what Bill has done. Others in this forum are in a similar position to me, and others who are no longer in this forum are still continuing their development in this area.

PCT is a great deal bigger than one man. It might take on some other names in the future but it will always be ‘PCT’ to me.

It is a shame because if I am asking these questions you can bet your sweet bippy others are as well, so answering them or leaving yourself open for possible alternative explanations might be a better strategy for getting other folks interested in some of your ideas, than asking them to do something you yourself cannot do.

Asking people to ‘prove’ anything a polite way of blowing you off.

I remember as a kid, one of the biggest taunts you could give to someone was after someone made a claim, you would say; Oh yeah, prove it.

So instead of meaningful dialogue, you wind up getting ‘challenges’ followed by a whole bunch of flaming and then disappearing.

And finally it’s a shame because Bill’s ideas have so much potential and they have virtually been buried for 50 years.

regards,

Marc