Mailing List Mode - Receive every post and reply

Hi all,

If you prefer to receive every post and reply from any one, you can enable “Mailing list mode”.

You can enable it by following these steps:

1. Click on your user icon on top right

2. Click on the human icon and then preferences
    Enabling Mailing list mode

3. Email

4. Tick the box next to Enable mailing list mode

5. Save Changes

You can reply to posts via email as you did in CSGnet.

The only problem is that there is nothing that says “Enable mailing list mode” when I got to Preference and look at Email. I did get the posts from heather in email but I don’t know what category they were in And I saw a post from Adam here in Discourse that seemed like a reply to Heather but I was never notified of it. Also I Would like to edit the descriptions of some of he categories and sub categories. And I Want to specify which categories to be notified of when there are posts to them. How do I do that? Best Rick

You should see “Enable mailing list mode” at the bottom of the page as shown below. If you still can’t find it, please let me know.

I did get the posts from heather in email but I don’t know what category they were in

I think you are confused with ESACSGnet emails and discourse emails. Discourse email always has a title starting with [IAPCT].

And I saw a post from Adam here in Discourse that seemed like a reply to Heather but I was never notified of it.

You will only be notified if you haven’t been on the forum for a period of time. The default time is a week. You can also change it to every 30 minutes, hourly or daily should you want to receive more notifications from the forum. It is also under “Preference” > “Email”.

If you want to receive every post and reply, I recommend you to enable mailing list mode.

Also I Would like to edit the descriptions of some of he categories and sub categories. And I Want to specify which categories to be notified of when there are posts to them. How do I do that? Best Rick

You can reply here with the descriptions and I will change it for you. Please limit the descriptions to 50 words.

Now I’m seeing if I can reply via email.

I would like to rename the “Research” category as “Science”. And I would like to give it the following description:

Discussion topics in this category will be about approaches to testing the PCT model of behavior. It is assumed that people who would be discussing topics in this category understand that model. Therefore, no discussion of what the model actually says are welcome except insofar as how the model relates to the empirical tests that are proposed or described.

Your reply-via-email works fine!

I have changed the category accordingly.