New Paper on PCT Methods

[From Rick Marken (2013.10.16.0900)]

I mentioned this in a previous post but it might have been hidden away.

The following paper was just published:

Marken, R. S. (2013) Testing for Controlled Variables: A Model-Based Approach to Determining the Perceptual Basis of Behavior, Attention, Perception and Psychophysics,

I think it’s a pretty good one but it is a tad technical so it may be of interest only to the most hard core PCTers. But if you would like a copy please send a reprint request to me (because the publisher holds the copyright and wants it done that way) and I’ll send a pointer to an on-line copy.

Best regards

Rick

···

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com
www.mindreadings.com

This is excellent news! Congratulations! And I’m afraid I’ll have to take you for your word that it’s “pretty good,” although I suspect it’s a good deal more than that…

Thank you for letting us know!

*barb

···

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

Marken, R. S. (2013) Testing for Controlled Variables: A Model-Based Approach to Determining the Perceptual Basis of Behavior, Attention, Perception and Psychophysics,

I think it’s a pretty good one but it is a tad technical so it may be of interest only to the most hard core PCTers. But if you would like a copy please send a reprint request to me (because the publisher holds the copyright and wants it done that way) and I’ll send a pointer to an on-line copy.

Best regards

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com

www.mindreadings.com

Rick

I love to read it, Rick

Andrew

···

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

Best regards

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com

www.mindreadings.com

Rick

[From Frank Lenk (2013.10.16.1222)]

I’d like to read it as well

Frank

On Behalf Of Andrew Nichols

···

I love to read it, Rick

Andrew

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

I think it’s a pretty good one but it is a tad technical so it may be of interest only to the most hard core PCTers. But if you would like a copy please send a reprint request to me (because the publisher holds
the copyright and wants it done that way) and I’ll send a pointer to an on-line copy.

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD

rsmarken@gmail.com

www.mindreadings.com

[From Fred Nickols (2013.10.16.1636 EDT)]

I’ll try to make my way through it, Rick.

Fred Nickols

···

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:04 PM
To: CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Subject: New Paper on PCT Methods

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com
www.mindreadings.com

[From Adam Matic, 2013.10.17 13:35 cet]

I’d appreciate a copy.

Adam

···

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Fred Nickols fred@nickols.us wrote:

[From Fred Nickols (2013.10.16.1636 EDT)]

I’ll try to make my way through it, Rick.

Fred Nickols

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:04 PM
To: CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Subject: New Paper on PCT Methods

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com
www.mindreadings.com

Dear Rick,

Great! You are very productive. I would love a copy of that paper.

Would it be possible to send me a copy of the paper you mentioned a while ago. I have been tracking it in Pubmed but so far it has not shown up. The title is: “Making inferences about intention: Perceptual Control Theory as a ‘Theory of Mind’ for psychologists.”

Warm regards,

Frans

···

Dr. Frans X. Plooij
Director
International Research-institute on Infant Studies (IRIS)
Zijpendaalseweg 73
6814 CE Arnhem
The Netherlands
Mobile: +31 6 460 888 20
Email: fplooij@kiddygroup.com
Tel.: +31 26 389 4841
Fax: +31 26 389 4493

Op 16 okt. 2013, om 18:04 heeft Richard Marken rsmarken@GMAIL.COM het volgende geschreven:

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com
www.mindreadings.com