Now Available: New Book by Richard Marken

[From Rick Marken (2014.07.10.1415)]

···

My new book “Doing Research on Purpose: A Control Theory Approach to Experimental Psychology” is now available at Amazon. It’s currently only available in paperback but an electronic version should be available soon.

This is another collection of published and unpublished papers. So some of the papers may already be familiar to some of you while others are only available in the book. As it’s title implies, the papers in the book are about how to do Perceptual Control Theory - based research. So it’s main audience is experimental psychologist. But I think it should also be of interest to social and behavioral scientists of all stripes and, of course, to anyone interested in the PCT approach to understanding living systems.

So get your copy today, while they still last;-) And if you like it please write a review at Amazon. And be sure to tell your friends to get a copy too!!

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Congratulations! I’ll be sure to get a copy… Thank you again for your continuing work with PCT!

best,

*barb

···

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

My new book “Doing Research on Purpose: A Control Theory Approach to Experimental Psychology” is now available at Amazon. It’s currently only available in paperback but an electronic version should be available soon.

This is another collection of published and unpublished papers. So some of the papers may already be familiar to some of you while others are only available in the book. As it’s title implies, the papers in the book are about how to do Perceptual Control Theory - based research. So it’s main audience is experimental psychologist. But I think it should also be of interest to social and behavioral scientists of all stripes and, of course, to anyone interested in the PCT approach to understanding living systems.

So get your copy today, while they still last;-) And if you like it please write a review at Amazon. And be sure to tell your friends to get a copy too!!

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

[From Rick Marken (2014.07.10.1715)]

···

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:04 PM, bara0361@gmail.com bara0361@gmail.com wrote:

Congratulations! I’ll be sure to get a copy… Thank you again for your continuing work with PCT!

best,

*barb

Thanks Barb (barb?). I just regret that I have just one life to give to PCT;-)

I look forward to seeing you at the dedication of your dad’s archive.

Best

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Hi Rick,

Amazon.com says its temporarily out of stock!

Tim

···

On 10 July 2014 22:16, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Hi Timothy

Actually, I believe the books are being printed “on demand” so Amazon probably had only 1 or 2 in stock. But they should be able to get the books to you pretty quickly after you order them.

Thanks for your interest!

Best regards

Rick

···

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 2:07 AM, COOMB TIMOTHY tim.coomb@ntlworld.com wrote:

Hi Rick,

Tim

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Hi Rick

Now ordered!

Cheers

Tim

···

On 11 July 2014 15:57, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Timothy

Actually, I believe the books are being printed “on demand” so Amazon probably had only 1 or 2 in stock. But they should be able to get the books to you pretty quickly after you order them.

Best regards

Rick

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 2:07 AM, COOMB TIMOTHY tim.coomb@ntlworld.com wrote:

Hi Rick,

Tim

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Best regards

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

Hi Rick

CONGRATULATIONS on the new book. I’m
ordering mine today!

Alice

Hi Timothy

Actually, I believe the books are being printed “on demand”
so Amazon probably had only 1 or 2 in stock. But they should be able to
get the books to you pretty quickly after you order
them.Â

Best regards

Rick

···

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 2:07 AM, COOMB TIMOTHY
tim.coomb@ntlworld.com> wrote:

Hi Rick,

Â

Â

Tim

Richard S. Marken PhD
www.mindreadings.com

On 10 July 2014 22:16, Richard Marken rsmarken@gmail.com> wrote:

My new book “Doing Research on Purpose: A Control Theory
Approach to Experimental Psychology” is now available at Amazon. It’s
currently only available in paperback but an electronic version should be
available soon.Â

This is another collection of published and unpublished papers. So
some of the papers may already be familiar to some of you while others are