Obama Victory

[From Kenny Kitzke (2012.11.05. 7:07 EST)]

I am predicting an Obama election victory. I doubt you will see anyone else give the reason I perceive.

It seems to me that Obama, even though he has probably never heard of PCT, has a better sense of why people do what they do than Romny does. Who will show up to cast a ballot? What lever will they pull or what button will they push in the privacy of that polling booth?

The answers will probably depend upon very personal and individualistic higher level reference perceptions about personal well-being or dearly held principles and the imagination of how each candidate will foster or disturb those perceptions. Even the voter may not be able to say exactly which issue, or group of issues will matter most, at the time of decisive action.

I well recognize that rational comparisons about economic performance, deficits and even jobs and unemployment or the price of gasoline will form the references for many. However, I don’t believe a significant number of voters really comprehend what a 20 trillion debt is or how it affects them. So the Republican gurus like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter will be crying in their beer or wine when Obama wins. These blowhard pundits will be exasperated when they find out autonomous people don’t seem to want or perceive what is so clear to them what to want.

Does the economic environment determine what people do? Politicians may think so and so do most psychologists. They simply respond to behavioral illusions and statistical models not backed by demonstrable and repeatable scientific experiments and models.

I am a PCTer and perceive this election and its outcome quite differently. Of course, I could be wrong. We shall see. BTW, Romney will be in my hometown of Pittsburgh tomorrow thinking he can say something about coal to win Pennsylvania and the election. Fat chance. How many voters have coal on the top of their reference hierarchy and have not already decided what lever to pull?

I bet some other PCTers have perceptions different than mine. :sunglasses: Blast away, but not after the results are in. Monday morning quarter backs don’t add much value to human nature or behavior. 8-))

[From Rupert Young (2012.11.06 715 UT)]

Kenny Kitzke (2012.11.05. 7:07 EST)]
      KK: I am predicting an Obama election victory.  I doubt you

will see anyone else give the reason I perceive.

RY: I hope you are right, but I don't agree with your reasoning.

Though it wasn’t that clear from your post what your reason was, I
assume it was " Obama, … has a better sense of why people do what they
do than Romny does"

The outcome of the election has nothing (well, 2 votes) to do with

what Obama’s sense is or what your perception of him is, but on the
individual perception of all the other voters. And, unfortunately,
many voters perceive things in the same way as Limbaugh and Coulter.
Only today will reveal how many.

But, fear not, People of America, we, your brother and sisters in

England stand with you and if you are unable to complete the
election favourably her majesty the Queen shall forthwith revoke
American Independence, behead President Romney and appoint in his
place as the Governor of the North American States (excluding
Alabama), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Afghanistan and that little bit of
Cuba the right honourable Jerry Springer.

Regards,

Rupert

[From Avery Andrews (2012.11.06 18.58 Eastern Oz DST)]

Queen Lizzie and what army & navy? You poms have decommissioned all of your aircraft carriers, and, if it were to be done with period equipment, the USS Constitution floats, and the HMS Victory doesn't.

Cheers,
  Avery Andrews

···

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:19 PM
To: CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Subject: Re: Obama Victory

KK: I am predicting an Obama election victory. I doubt you will see anyone else give the reason I perceive.

RY: I hope you are right, but I don't agree with your reasoning. Though it wasn't that clear from your post what your reason was, I assume it was "Obama, ... has a better sense of why people do what they do than Romny does"

The outcome of the election has nothing (well, 2 votes) to do with what Obama's sense is or what your perception of him is, but on the individual perception of all the other voters. And, unfortunately, many voters perceive things in the same way as Limbaugh and Coulter. Only today will reveal how many.

But, fear not, People of America, we, your brother and sisters in England stand with you and if you are unable to complete the election favourably her majesty the Queen shall forthwith revoke American Independence, behead President Romney and appoint in his place as the Governor of the North American States (excluding Alabama), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Afghanistan and that little bit of Cuba the right honourable Jerry Springer.

Regards,
Rupert

[From Rupert Young (2012.11.06 13.30 UT)]

Hey, no backchat from the colonies. You may worship at the feet of Dame Edna these days, but forget ye not that Queen Elizabeth is still your Supreme Governor. I live in Windsor and when I am up at the Castle on Sunday having my usual Afternoon Tea with her madge I will make sure that your name is on the list right after Romney's!

Adieu,
Rupert

···

On 06/11/2012 07:57, Avery Andrews wrote:

[From Avery Andrews (2012.11.06 18.58 Eastern Oz DST)]

Queen Lizzie and what army & navy? You poms have decommissioned all of your aircraft carriers, and, if it were to be done with period equipment, the USS Constitution floats, and the HMS Victory doesn't.

Cheers,
   Avery Andrews

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:19 PM
To: CSGNET@LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU
Subject: Re: Obama Victory

KK: I am predicting an Obama election victory. I doubt you will see anyone else give the reason I perceive.

RY: I hope you are right, but I don't agree with your reasoning. Though it wasn't that clear from your post what your reason was, I assume it was "Obama, ... has a better sense of why people do what they do than Romny does"

The outcome of the election has nothing (well, 2 votes) to do with what Obama's sense is or what your perception of him is, but on the individual perception of all the other voters. And, unfortunately, many voters perceive things in the same way as Limbaugh and Coulter. Only today will reveal how many.

But, fear not, People of America, we, your brother and sisters in England stand with you and if you are unable to complete the election favourably her majesty the Queen shall forthwith revoke American Independence, behead President Romney and appoint in his place as the Governor of the North American States (excluding Alabama), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Afghanistan and that little bit of Cuba the right honourable Jerry Springer.

Regards,
Rupert

[From Rick Marken (2012.11.07.0730)]
:

KK: I am predicting an Obama election victory.

Thank god you were right about something! :wink:

Best

Rick

···

I doubt you will see anyone else give the reason I perceive.

It seems to me that Obama, even though he has probably never heard of PCT, has a better sense of why people do what they do than Romny does. Who will show up to cast a ballot? What lever will they pull or what button will they push in the privacy of that polling booth?

The answers will probably depend upon very personal and individualistic higher level reference perceptions about personal well-being or dearly held principles and the imagination of how each candidate will foster or disturb those perceptions. Even the voter may not be able to say exactly which issue, or group of issues will matter most, at the time of decisive action.

I well recognize that rational comparisons about economic performance, deficits and even jobs and unemployment or the price of gasoline will form the references for many. However, I don’t believe a significant number of voters really comprehend what a 20 trillion debt is or how it affects them. So the Republican gurus like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter will be crying in their beer or wine when Obama wins. These blowhard pundits will be exasperated when they find out autonomous people don’t seem to want or perceive what is so clear to them what to want.

Does the economic environment determine what people do? Politicians may think so and so do most psychologists. They simply respond to behavioral illusions and statistical models not backed by demonstrable and repeatable scientific experiments and models.

I am a PCTer and perceive this election and its outcome quite differently. Of course, I could be wrong. We shall see. BTW, Romney will be in my hometown of Pittsburgh tomorrow thinking he can say something about coal to win Pennsylvania and the election. Fat chance. How many voters have coal on the top of their reference hierarchy and have not already decided what lever to pull?

I bet some other PCTers have perceptions different than mine. :sunglasses: Blast away, but not after the results are in. Monday morning quarter backs don’t add much value to human nature or behavior. 8-))

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com
www.mindreadings.com

[From Kenny Kitzke (2012.11.07.11:00EST)]

My right prediction is because of Bill Powers and PCT (and you Rick). I am grateful. Sometimes I am lucky and just look smart. Sometimes I am smart and make right decisions perceived as being lucky by others. Who knew the real reason?

I believe My God was in favor of the election outcome and I trust Him but I doubt His purpose aligns with Obama’s or yours. :sunglasses: Time will tell.

I am putting my new snow tires on my MINI this morning in Pittsburgh based on a harsh winter assumption ignoring global warming warnings by Al Gore, Obama and a bunch of scientific pundits probably as blind as the psychology professionals both using unverified behavior and weather models. Luck or smart? Time will tell, but I am on a roll! 8-))

In a message dated 11/7/2012 10:29:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, rsmarken@GMAIL.COM writes:

···

KK: I am predicting an Obama election victory.

Thank god you were right about something! :wink:

Best

Rick

I doubt you will see anyone else give the reason I perceive.
It seems to me that Obama, even though he has probably never heard of PCT, has a better sense of why people do what they do than Romny does.  Who will show up to cast a ballot?  What lever will they pull or what button will they push in the privacy of that polling booth?
The answers will probably depend upon very personal and individualistic higher level reference perceptions about personal well-being or dearly held principles and the imagination of how each candidate will foster or disturb those perceptions.  Even the voter may not be able to say exactly which issue, or group of issues will matter most, at the time of decisive action.
I well recognize that rational comparisons about economic performance, deficits and even jobs and unemployment or the price of gasoline will form the references for many.  However, I don't believe a significant number of voters really comprehend what a 20 trillion debt is or how it affects them.  So the Republican gurus like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter will be crying in their beer or wine when Obama wins.  These blowhard pundits will be exasperated when they find out autonomous people don't seem to want or perceive what is so clear to them what to want.
Does the economic environment determine what people do?  Politicians may think so and so do most psychologists.  They simply respond to behavioral illusions and statistical models not backed by demonstrable and repeatable scientific experiments and models.
I am a PCTer and perceive this election and its outcome quite differently.  Of course, I could be wrong.  We shall see.  BTW, Romney will be in my hometown of Pittsburgh tomorrow thinking he can say something about coal to win Pennsylvania and the election.  Fat chance.  How many voters have coal on the top of their reference hierarchy and have not already decided what lever to pull?
I bet some other PCTers have perceptions different than mine.  8-)  Blast away, but not after the results are in.  Monday morning quarter backs don't add much value to human nature or behavior.  8-))

[From Rick Marken (2012.11.07.0730)]
:

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com
www.mindreadings.com