pavlov under pct lens?

skinner’s reinforcement has been in part surpassed by powers’ reorganization. so far, so good for for operant conditioning. what about pavlovian classical conditioning? any refs, ideas, comments? thanks, alex

[From Fred Nickols (2016.09.14.1039 ET)]

Yes. First I am going to hold you captive. Then I am going to starve you. Then I will give you food only if you put a date-time heading on your posts to the list. Once you have become habituated and do so regularly I will release you. By then you will have formed a reference signal that can only be satisfied by my death and you will probably kill me using any means available.

Fred Nickols

···

Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:15 AM
To: csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: pavlov under pct lens?

skinner’s reinforcement has been in part surpassed by powers’ reorganization. so far, so good for for operant conditioning. what about pavlovian classical conditioning? any refs, ideas, comments? thanks, alex

[From me (now)]

AGM: thanks for the poem, Fred :wink:

···

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Fred Nickols fred@nickols.us wrote:

Yes. First I am going to hold you captive. Then I am going to starve you. Then I will give you food only if you put a date-time heading on your posts to the list. Once you have become habituated and do so regularly I will release you. By then you will have formed a reference signal that can only be satisfied by my death and you will probably kill me using any means available.

Fred Nickols

[Vyv Huddy (1739.14.09.2016)]

Hi Alex,

A key thread from the CSG Net archive is attached - the relevant bit starts from p. 13.

There is a section in the PCT: A model for understanding paper (p. 11)

http://www.pctweb.org/PCTunderstanding-2.pdf

And Wayne Hershberger’s paper, mentioned in the CSG Net thread, can be found here

http://abs.sagepub.com/content/34/1/55.refs?patientinform-links=yes&legid=spabs;34/1/55

Let me know if you can’t get it and I’ll send it privately.

If you find anything else please post here or send it to me (and the same to anyone else!).

All the best,

Vyv

Closed_Loop_vol1_#2_read.pdf (65.1 KB)

···

[From me (now)]

AGM: thanks for the poem, Fred :wink:

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Fred Nickols fred@nickols.us wrote:

Yes. First I am going to hold you captive. Then I am going to starve you. Then I will give you food
only if you put a date-time heading on your posts to the list. Once you have become habituated and do so regularly I will release you. By then you will have formed a reference signal that can only be satisfied by my death and you will probably kill me using
any means available.

Fred Nickols

Gomez-Marin [mailto:agomezmarin@gmail.com
]

skinner’s reinforcement has been in part surpassed by powers’ reorganization. so far, so good for for operant conditioning. what about pavlovian classical conditioning?
any refs, ideas, comments? thanks, alex

Yes. First I am going to hold you captive. Then I am going to starve you. Then I will give you food only if you put a date-time heading on your posts to the list. Once
you have become habituated and do so regularly I will release you. By then you will have formed a reference signal that can only be satisfied by my death and you will probably kill me using any means available.

Fred Nickols

···