PCT / MOL in an organizational context?

Thank you to Dr Eva de Hullu for introducing this group to me - this is a first post as a new member.

As part of my doctoral research at University of Canberra I am exploring the potential for PCT to explain shared perceptions between stakeholders during new business venture creation. I am inspired by the fact that PCT is so closely associated with MOL as a framework for intervention because, in my practice, I am looking to develop a consistent approach for mentoring startup companies.

I would be grateful if any readers could point me towards literature exploring PCT/MOL in organizational contexts, particularly in teams or small groups. I ask as all the MOL literature I have read so far looks at individuals as the unit of intervention rather than teams.

1 Like

Nice to hear from you Hugh!

I’m aware that Sara Tai has been involved in group work with MOL. Sara.tai@manchester.ac.uk

Also Rob Griffiths is working on a PCT approach to mental health systems
Robert.griffiths-2@manchester.ac.uk

And Shelley Roy applies PCT in schools.
Becreating@gmail.com

Keep in touch!
Warren

Thank you! I will reach out

Hugh: The control theory section of my web site focuses on human performance in the workplace. You might find something there.

www.nickols.us/controltheory.html

Hugh,

Perhaps the following article will provide an idea or two. It concerns, in part, how PCT helped the author, James Soldani, develop a program of productive teamwork:

James Soldani, “Effective Personnel Management: An Application of Control Theory,” pp. 515-529, in Wayne A. Hershberger, Editor, Volitional Action: Conation and Control, Amsterdam: North Holland, 1989.**

With Regards,
Richard Pfau

Thank you, Fred and Richard I will read with interest

Soldani’s paper is here:

https://www.livingcontrolsystems.com/intro_papers/PCT_results.pdf

1 Like