Perceptual Intelligence

Well, I guess I won’t be exploiting the term “perceptual intelligence” after all. I Googled it and turns out there’s a ton of stuff already out there.

Regards,

Fred Nickols, Managing Partner

My Objective is to Help You Achieve Yours

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

“Assistance at a Distance”

[From Fred Nickols (2017.06.08.0706)]

P.S. None of that perceptual intelligence “stuff” is to my liking. It deals with the notion that all we know of the world out there is by way of our perceptions, and that’s okay, but then it goes on to lay out how we process those perceptions and it gets a little freaky at that point.

Fred

···

Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2017 6:43 AM
To: csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: Perceptual Intelligence

Well, I guess I won’t be exploiting the term “perceptual intelligence” after all. I Googled it and turns out there’s a ton of stuff already out there.

Regards,

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

[Eetu Pikkarainen 2017-06-08]

Yes, usually they do not take into account that our perceptions or senses are just tools which have developed by evolutionary reorganization to help our self-preservation
i.e. control of intrinsic values.

Perceptions, senses and knowledge are considered as somewhat disconnected from our living and action – and, ok, behavior.

They think we just process our perceptions like computers.

···

Eetu

Sent: 8. kesäkuuta 2017 14:09
Subject: RE: Perceptual Intelligence

P.S. None of that perceptual intelligence “stuff” is to my liking. It deals with the notion that all we know of the world out there is by way of our perceptions, and that’s okay, but then it goes on to lay out how we
process those perceptions and it gets a little freaky at that point.

Fred

Regards,

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

Well, dang. I still think we can us it as PI vs AI. There are often different definitions for the same word. I see it as the operating software that will run perceptual robots.

···

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 6:06 AM, Eetu Pikkarainen eetu.pikkarainen@oulu.fi wrote:

Â

Yes, usually they do not take into account that our perceptions or senses are just tools which have developed by evolutionary reorganization to help our self-preservation
i.e. control of intrinsic values.

Perceptions, senses and knowledge are considered as somewhat disconnected from our living and action – and, ok, behavior.

Â

Eetu

Â

Â

Â

P.S. None of that perceptual intelligence “stuffâ€? is to my liking. It deals with the notion that all we know of the world out there is by way of our perceptions, and that’s okay, but then it goes on to lay out how we
process those perceptions and it gets a little freaky at that point.

Â

Fred

Â

Â

Well, I guess I won’t be exploiting the term “perceptual intelligenceâ€? after all. I Googled it and turns out there’s a ton of stuff already out there.

Â

Regards,

Â

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC

“Assistance at a Distanceâ€?

Â

Hierarchical intelligence?

···

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 4:08 AM, Eetu Pikkarainen eetu.pikkarainen@oulu.fi wrote:

Is PCI too long?

Â

Eetu

Â

Lähettäjä: Alison Powers [mailto:controlsystemsgroupconference@gmail.com]
Lähetetty: 9. kesäkuutata 2017 3:03
Vastaanottaja: csgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Aihe: Re: Perceptual Intelligence

Â

Well, dang. I still think we can us it as PI vs AI. There are often different definitions for the same word. I see it as the operating software that will run perceptual robots.

Â

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 6:06 AM, Eetu Pikkarainen eetu.pikkarainen@oulu.fi wrote:

Â

Yes, usually they do not take into account that our perceptions or senses are just tools which have developed by evolutionary reorganization
to help our self-preservation i.e. control of intrinsic values.

Â

Eetu

Â

Â

Â

P.S. None of that perceptual intelligence “stuff� is to my liking. It deals with the notion that all we know of the world out there is by way of our perceptions,
and that’s okay, but then it goes on to lay out how we process those perceptions and it gets a little freaky at that point.

Â

Fred

Â

Â

Well, I guess I won’t be exploiting the term “perceptual intelligence� after all. I Googled it and turns out there’s a ton of stuff already out there.

Â

Regards,

Â

DISTANCE
CONSULTING LLC

“Assistance at a Distance�

Â

Â

Hi Fred…

···

Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2017 1:09 PM

FN : P.S. None of that perceptual intelligence “stuff” is to my liking. It deals with the notion that all we know of the world out there is by way of our perceptions, and that’s okay, but then it goes on to lay out how we process those perceptions and it gets a little freaky at that point.

HB : Well said Fred. But Bill already solved the problem.

Bill P. :

Briefly, then: what I call the hierarchy of perceptions is the model. When you open your eyes and look around, what you see – and feel, smell, hear, and taste – is the model. In fact we never experience anything but the model. The model is composed of perceptions of all kinds from intensities on up.

HB : So “complex perceptions” are organized in some kind of “subjective model” in any LCS through hierarchy. How model is constructed you can read in B:CP.

I have a suggestion Fred. Whenever you have a question about PCT I think, that you could maybe look first into Bills’ literature or “Google” through CSGnet archives. Maybe you get “first hand” answer.

Boris

Fred

Regards,

DISTANCE CONSULTING LLC