Publication

Hi Philip, I like this. How do we know what the optimal position on the foot to experience pressure is? Could certain positions be optimal for some purposes (e.g. to walk fast, to balance on a bar) but not others (e.g. to minimise immediate pain, to minimise long term pain, to strengthen specific muscles). It sounds like a real conflict scenario to me! What do physios do about this currently? My hunch is that they have a good understanding of the biology of walking and a some understanding and use of these kinds of 'compensatory mechanisms'?
Warren

···

On 11 Nov 2016, at 06:26, Philip Yeranosian <pyeranos@g.ucla.edu> wrote:

<image1.jpeg>

Sent from my iPhone

Date: 11 November 2016 08:59:32 GMT
To: Philip Yeranosian pyeranos@g.ucla.edu
Cc:csgnet@lists.illinois.educsgnet@lists.illinois.edu
Subject: Re: Publication

Hi Philip, I like this. How do we know what the optimal position on the foot to experience pressure is? Could certain positions be optimal for some purposes (e.g. to walk fast, to balance on a bar) but not others (e.g. to minimise immediate pain, to minimise long t
erm pain, to strengthen specific muscles). It sounds like a real conflict scenario to me! What do physios do about this currently? My hunch is that they have a good understanding of the biology of walking and a some understanding and use of these kinds of ‘compensatory mechanisms’?
Warren

<image1.jpeg>

Sent from my iPhone

···

Begin forwarded message:

On 11 Nov 2016, at 06:26, Philip Yeranosian pyeranos@g.ucla.edu wrote: