Remembering Bill

[David Goldstein (2013.08.29.10:56)]

Today is Bill’s birthday. I know we all miss him.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130601/NEWS07/130609951

David

I have been so touched at finding out what a wonderful group of people Dad worked with over the years. I’ve found you all to be so kind, and good-humored. While we were in Boulder, it was so very interesting to listen in on your conversations. I’m glad to report I understood at least some of it! :o)

I wasn’t as involved in the professional side of his life as perhaps I should or could have been. We certainly had our share of conversations about PCT, though on a lower level. His eyes always shone, and he would get so excited, undaunted even after so very many years of working at it, always ready to don the instructor’s hat. I’ll continue to dabble, and maybe some day, find a way to incorporate his work in to a project of my own.

On the personal side, I know it will take a lot of time for the freshness of his loss to subside. It’s so hard, not being able to call him, hearing that voice I’ve known all my life saying, “Hello?” And when I’d say, “Hi Daddy-o,”, he’d answer, “Oh it’s you!” He spent the majority of his time hovering over his computer, but we did have some quality time. He taught me to shoot a mean game of pool, and how to throw a frisbee. I danced while he played the piano, and we sang Christmas carols in harmony. We camped a lot, went to Disneyland, and cruised the ocean to see a solar eclipse. He taught me to be an independent thinker, and to be self-sufficient, always telling me that I can do anything to which I applied myself. Ever the cheerleader, ever the teacher and mentor. There isn’t anyone who can walk in those great big shoes now.

Thank you for remembering him today, and always. I’m grateful for your loyalty, and happy to know that his work will live on through all your capable hands.

best,

*barb

···

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM, D GOLDSTEIN davidmg@verizon.net wrote:

[David Goldstein (2013.08.29.10:56)]

Today is Bill’s birthday. I know we all miss him.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130601/NEWS07/130609951

David