Sasha Lucy

In December 2011 someone signed in to Wikipedia as “Sasha Lucy” added a substantial “Hierarchical organisation” section to the Wikipedia article on PCT. It has many references such as Botvinick (2008) but no bibliographical details. The “Sasha Lucy” account has been deleted. If that person is among us, could you please send me the necessary bibliographical detail to complete the work there?

Many thanks.

The references, in two sections, are:

(Bliss & Lømo, 1973; Bliss & Gardner-Medwin, 1973)

(Hebb, 1949)

(Enoki et al., 2009).

(Plooij 1987, 2003, 2010).

Powers (2008)

Botvinick (2008)

Bedre, Hoffman, Cooney & D’Esposito (2009)

(Cools, 1985)

(Mansell 2011)

(Marken & Powers 1989)

Some of these are easy for me to identify (Powers, Mansell, Marken, Hebb); others would be easier for someone else.

···

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

In December 2011 someone signed in to Wikipedia as “Sasha Lucy” added a substantial “Hierarchical organisation” section to the Wikipedia article on PCT. It has many references such as Botvinick (2008) but no bibliographical details. The “Sasha Lucy” account has been deleted. If that person is among us, could you please send me the necessary bibliographical detail to complete the work there?

Many thanks.

Hi Bruce, I am pretty sure she used to be one of my undergraduate class students so she’s unlikely to be on CSG now. The Plooij references should be straightforward but they could most likely be joint publications with Frans’ late wife. My 2011 reference is probably my editorial article in Clinical Psychology Review.

All the best,

Warren

···

Many thanks.

[From Erling Jorgensen (2016.07.19 0820 EDT)]

Hi Bruce,

I believe one of the allusions is to Rex Cools. I have a 1985 citation for him in my paper, that I’ve pasted here. I’ve also included references to a couple of other papers of his, in case other people are interested. He was well versed in PCT. Thanks for the clean-up work you’re doing!

Erling

Cools, A.R. (1985). Brain and behavior: Hierarchy of feedback systems and control of input. In P.P.G. Bateson & P.H. Klopfer (Eds.), Perspectives in ethology: Volume 6 mechanisms (pp. 109-166). New York: Plenum Press.

Cools, A.R. (1980). Role of the neostriatal dopaminergic activity in sequencing and selecting behavioural strategies: Facilitation of processes involved in selecting the best strategy in a stressful situation. Behavioral Brain Research, 5, 361-378.

Cools, A. R., Jaspers, R., Schwarz, M., Sontag, K.H., Vrijmoed-de Vries, M., & van den Bercken, J. (1984). Basal ganglia and switching motor programs. In J.S. McKenzie, R.E. Kemm, & L.N. Wilcock (Eds.), The basal ganglia (pp. 513-544). Springer US.

Warren Mansell wmansell@gmail.com 7/18/2016 9:11 PM >>>

Hi Bruce, I am pretty sure she used to be one of my undergraduate class students so she’s unlikely to be on CSG now. The Plooij references should be straightforward but they could most likely be joint publications with Frans’ late wife. My 2011 reference is probably my editorial article in Clinical Psychology Review.

All the best,

Warren

···

On 18 Jul 2016, at 17:09, Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

(Hebb, 1949)

(Enoki et al., 2009).

Powers (2008)

Botvinick (2008)

(Cools, 1985)

(Mansell 2011)

(Marken & Powers 1989)

Some of these are easy for me to identify (Powers, Mansell, Marken, Hebb); others would be easier for someone else.

Many thanks.

NOTICE: This e-mail communication (including any attachments) is CONFIDENTIAL and the materials contained herein are PRIVILEGED and intended only for disclosure to or use by the person(s) listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient(s), nor a person responsible for the delivery of this communication to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by using the "reply" feature or by calling me at the number listed above, and then immediately delete this message and all attachments from your computer. Thank you.

[Erling Jorgensen (2016.07.19)

Hi again Bruce,

Here are a couple of more (pre-formatted!) citations. I’m guessing the Marken & Powers reference is the one on Random-walk chemotaxis, a key article on reorganization. The Plooij references I have in one of my papers do not match the dates of the ones Sasha Lucy referred to. But they may be useful in beefing up the Wikipedia article, if they’re not already there. The Plooij’s obviously did very impressive work.

Erling

Marken, R.S. & Powers, W.T. (1989). Random-walk chemotaxis: Trial and error as a control process. Behav. Neurosci.,103(6), 1348-1355.

Plooij, F.X. (1990). Developmental psychology: Developmental stages as successive reorganizations of the hierarchy. In R.J. Robertson & W.T. Powers (Eds.), Introduction to modern psychology: The control-theory view (pp. 123-133). Gravel Switch, KY: The Control Systems Group.

Plooij, F. & van de Rijt-Plooij, H. (1990). Developmental transitions as successive reorganizations of a control hierarchy. American Behavioral Scientist, 34, 67-80.

Warren Mansell wmansell@gmail.com 7/18/2016 9:11 PM >>>

All the best,

Warren

···

On 18 Jul 2016, at 17:09, Bruce Nevin bnhpct@gmail.com wrote:

(Hebb, 1949)

(Enoki et al., 2009).

Powers (2008)

Botvinick (2008)

(Cools, 1985)

(Mansell 2011)

(Marken & Powers 1989)

Many thanks.

NOTICE: This e-mail communication (including any attachments) is CONFIDENTIAL and the materials contained herein are PRIVILEGED and intended only for disclosure to or use by the person(s) listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient(s), nor a person responsible for the delivery of this communication to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by using the "reply" feature or by calling me at the number listed above, and then immediately delete this message and all attachments from your computer. Thank you.

[Frans Plooij 2016.07019]

Hi Bruce and Erling and Warren,

First of all, it is Lex Cools, not Rex.

Here are a few more citations to our own work:

Plooij, F., The behavioral development of free-living chimpanzee babies and infants.
Monographs on Infancy, ed. L.P. Lipsitt. 1984, Norwood, N.J.: Ablex. 1-207.

van de Rijt-Plooij, H. and F.
Plooij, Growing independence, conflict
and learning in mother- infant relations in free-ranging chimpanzees.

Behaviour, 1987. 101: p. 1-86.

Plooij, Infantile regressions:
Disorganization and the onset of transition periods.
Journal of
Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 1992. 10:
p. 129-149.

Plooij, Distinct periods of mother-infant
conflict in normal development: Sources of progress and germs of pathology.

Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 1993. 34: p. 229-245.

Plooij, F., et al., Illness-peaks during infancy and regression
periods
, in Regression periods in
human infancy
, M. Heimann, Editor. 2003, Erlbaum: Mahwah, NJ. p. 81-95.

Plooij, F.X., H. van de
Rijt-Plooij, and R. Helmers, Multimodal
distribution of SIDS and regression periods
, in Regression periods in human infancy, M. Heimann, Editor. 2003,
Erlbaum: Mahwah, NJ. p. 97-106.

Plooij, F.X., The
trilogy of mind
, in Regression
periods in human infancy
, M. Heimann, Editor. 2003, Erlbaum: Mahway, NJ. p.
185-205.

Sadurni, M., M.P. Burriel, and
F.X. Plooij, The temporal relation
between regression and transition periods in early infancy.
The Spanish
Journal of Psychology, 2010. 13(1): p. 112-126.

best wishes,

Frans

···

Many thanks.