TCV: a clear step-by-step procedure?

Hey, Adam and I are trying to take the TCV seriously, but we would like to have it in a clear logical step-by-step way so that it is concrete. I know these has been around there in many papers, but I wonder if someone could just share the “cooking recipe” so as to be clear when a variable can be ruled out as a controlled variable, and when it can still be one (although one is never sure it must be). Thanks, Alex

···

Alex Gomez-Marin, PhD

Research Group Leader

Instituto de Neurociencias

behavior-of-organisms.org

Phil Runkel spells it out in a clear, logical, concrete, step-by-step way on p. 81 of People as Living Things: The psychology of perceptual control.
https://books.google.com/books?printsec=frontcover&id=1XGnJPjfJjEC#v=onepage&q&f=false

“The procedure is contained in the following nine steps. I have rephrased them from Powers’s 1973 book, pages 232-246, and his 1979a (vol. 4 no. 8, September) article, pages 110, 112.”

···

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:35 AM, Alex Gomez-Marin agomezmarin@gmail.com wrote:

Hey, Adam and I are trying to take the TCV seriously, but we would like to have it in a clear logical step-by-step way so that it is concrete. I know these has been around there in many papers, but I wonder if someone could just share the “cooking recipe” so as to be clear when a variable can be ruled out as a controlled variable, and when it can still be one (although one is never sure it must be). Thanks, Alex

Alex Gomez-Marin, PhD

Research Group Leader

Instituto de Neurociencias

behavior-of-organisms.org