The Next Generation

I came across the following in another list where the virtues of knowledge management (KM) were being hotly debated and contested.

"The battle of the experts is not for the faint of heart. You will need to strongly rely on facts while simultaneously detangling their feelings from the facts that they hold. This approach is by no means guaranteed to succeed. As Max Planck wrote: ‘… truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.’ "

That quote by Planck seems applicable to PCT. Doing battle with the entrenched experts will prove futile. We should focus instead on the next generation.

Regards,

Fred Nickols, CPT

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

The Knowledge Workers’ Tool Room

[From Rick Marken (2013.07.22.1220)]

···

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Fred Nickols fred@nickols.us wrote:

I came across the following in another list where the virtues of knowledge management (KM) were being hotly debated and contested.

"The battle of the experts is not for the faint of heart. You will need to strongly rely on facts while simultaneously detangling their feelings from the facts that they hold. This approach is by no means guaranteed to succeed. As Max Planck wrote: ‘… truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.’ "

That quote by Planck seems applicable to PCT. Doing battle with the entrenched experts will prove futile. We should focus instead on the next generation.

I’ve been focusing on the generation after that;-)

Best

Rick

Richard S. Marken PhD
rsmarken@gmail.com

www.mindreadings.com