Vensim Model

[From Dick Robertson,991209.0652CST]

Jeffrey B. Vancouver wrote:

[from Jeff Vancouver 990812.1300 EST]

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update the list on project I have been working on for some time. Today I am sending what should be my final revision to an article entitled "Analyzing goal-striving processes adn a test of the generalizability of perceptual control theory" under review at Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. In the paper I use the test for the controlled variable and system dynamics modeling. The system dynamics model is available at my web site (http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~vancouve/research.html). Although this model uses VensimPLE32, I have already revised it slightly given the features of DSS (thanks Fred) and I am working on additional models with DSS.

An earlier draft of the paper was read (and liked) by Rick. If you provide me with a direct email address, I will send anyone the paper as an attached (and compressed) Word 97/2000 file.

Thanks for your help in this project. The discussions on the net were instrumental.

Jeff

Love to see your paper, but I don't have microsoft word. Is it possible to send in ASCII?

Best, Dick R.

In a message dated 12/8/1999 1:09:08 PM EST, vancouve@OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
writes:

<< vancouve@OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU >>
I would appreciate a copy of your paper, Mr. Vancouver. As publisher of PCT
books, I'm interested in learning about applications of the theory.

Alice Powers McElhone
Benchmark Publications Inc.
APMcE@aol.com