PCT and the Golden Rule

[Richard Pfau (2018.11.14 17:03 EST)]

I thought that PCTers might be interested in the attached posting placed on my Facebook Business Site for distribution to a general audience. You are welcome to share it too if you think it worthwhile for helping to spread the word about PCT.

Quotes - PCT and the Golden Rule.pdf (177 KB)

[Bruce Nevin 2018.11.16.10:55 ET]

Somewhere, E.O. Wilson makes the generalization that bullying wins in the short term but cooperation wins in the long term. He was speaking of societies, not individuals, but there might be an apt parallel, and certainly a cooperative society of bullies appears to be an oxymoron, Klingons notwithstanding.

Lots of room for paradoxical observations. Wilson’s beloved ants cooperate in aggressively defending their nests (especially those South Pacific weaver ants so dreaded by WWII snipers).

Rightly understood, aggression is analogous to the immune system. Differences are in what is perceived as the perimeter and in what is perceived as a threat. People like Mr. T. have learned (were taught) to perceive no one as trustworthy and everyone as a threat, so it’s appropriate to take advantage of others before they take advantage of you, and being trustworthy is an illusion as part of a con. Miserable way to live, IMO.

Whoops! There must be a corollary of Godwin’s law about mentions of T.

···

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:04 PM Richard Pfau csgnet@lists.illinois.edu wrote:

I thought that PCTers might be interested in the attached posting placed on my Facebook Business Site for distribution to a general audience. You are welcome to share it too if you think it worthwhile for helping to spread the word about PCT.

Richard,

I think it’s very good presentation and highly scientific.

You came to the final conclussions on numeorus citations of different authors.

I like very much the top final conclussion (Golden rule) about humanity of human race.

Boris