Using Facebook to Spread PCT

The attached

is just the latest posting on my Facebook business site to popularize PCT and related thinking as well as to sell the book “Your Behavior” which highlights PCT. See https://www.facebook.com/AuthorRichardPfau/ for more aimed at the general population.

1 Like

Here’s another posting on Facebook aimed at helping to popularize PCT and its use by managers. Feel free to share it if you like.

Attached is a copy of my paper on “Using Facebook to Spread Perceptual Control Theory” among lay and professional populations, being presented at the IAPCT Conference on 8 October 2020.Paper-Using Facebook to Spread PCT - 7 October 2020 (1).pdf (1.4 MB)

Here’s the latest posting promoting PCT on my Facebook business site.

Here’s a posting where the image seems to support Bill Powers ideas very well. As with other postings on my Facebook site, feel free to use it to help promote PCT.

2 Likes

Very nice, Richard. I will make use of it.

1 Like

I will use that quotation. :blush:

1 Like

Here’s the latest Facebook posting. As with other postings on my Facebook site, feel free to use it to help promote PCT.

This posting about “Why You Do Things” provides examples related to Powers’ idea of reducing differences between perceptions and references. As with other postings on my Facebook site, feel free to use it to help promote PCT.

1 Like

Here’s a recent posting about PCT as Metatheory:

Here’s the latest posting.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. :smiley:

1 Like

This post promotes Your Behavior – a book which highlights PCT in a way that “provides a great scientific context for introducing Perceptual Control Theory to the layperson” according to Warren Mansell on the back cover.

Here’s another posting about PCT on my Facebook site. Like the others, you are welcome to use it to help promote PCT.

This posting was made in August to help spread the word about PCT.

I tried to reply simply :+1: but Discourse doesn’t accept such short posts. Has to be at least 5 characters.

You could think of these as blurbs such as appear on dust jackets. A blurb writer (or the effective editor) often makes ‘adjustments’ to quotations for compactness & loss of context, so likewise you don’t have to be absolutely faithful to what you wrote in the book.

Here’s the latest posting, bringing attention to the importance of perception:

Here’s a posting about the Golden Rule and PCT that preceded my paper titled “Perceptual Control Theory’s Congruence with Religion” presented at the IAPCT 2021 Conference.

Here’s a posting that provides a link for accessing the conference paper “Perceptual Control Theory’s Congruence with Religion.”

The Wisdom of Religion - Facebook Posting.docx (217.6 KB)

The latest posting. It’s getting a good response. Feel free to use it.